“Excellent Guest House”
other travellers have booked this property
Centrally located, spacious luxury Georgian property built in 1885. Conservatory not available.
Lounge with comfortable seating for 9.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge with comfortable seating for 9.
Kitchen/Dining Room with dishwasher, cooker, fridge and freezer. No washing machine provided.
First floor landing with a quiet seating area leads to 4 ensuite rooms.
Double room with shower en-suite
Off-road parking for 5 cars, picnic table and gazebo in non-enclosed garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 9
Buxton, Derbyshire, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 90 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Any
Constance...
Sheffield
“Excellent Guest House”
Reviewed 26 April 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Stoneridge is a large Victorian house, situated in a quiet location, although only a few minutes' walk from most of Buxton's amenities. I discovered Stoneridge approximately 15 years ago and have returned there every summer since then because the level of service and comfort is superb.

Claire, Andrew and family took over several years ago and they always give a very warm welcome. They offer outstanding hospitality in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Claire and Andrew have decorated the house throughout in a tasteful boutique style.
Over the years I have stayed in three out of the four bedrooms. Each one is bright, modern, clean and comfortable, and guests are provided with an excellent hospitality tray.

On the ground floor there is a spacious lounge with a large TV for guests. Here I have often sat chatting with friends who visit Stoneridge every year as I do.

The dining room has separate tables that can easily be moved together for friends. The breakfasts are exemplary. I frequently stay in guest houses elsewhere and have never found any that equals Stoneridge for its breakfast menu, which includes a large variety of fruits and cereals and a hearty full English. Claire is a wonderful cook!

Stoneridge has sufficient off road parking for guests and also a large garden. I have already recommended this excellent guest house to others.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
julsandge...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“boutique chic”
Reviewed 18 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

My husband and I booked the stoneridge for a nights stay in March for a night out at the Opera House, we were pleasently surprised Claire and Andrew have worked very hard to transform a beautiful old house into comfortable modern boutique style rooms, with all the mod cons of the 21st century and a great start to your day is the breakfast spread served with genuine down to earth good old fashioned hospitality.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
bkurwin
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“A very clean and friendly hotel, with very good breakfasts.”
Reviewed 14 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We spent three nights here last month and were very pleased with our experience. The hotel was very clean and beautifully decorated. Clare, the owner, was very friendly and was very happy to answer any questions we had about where to go and what to see. She also made restaurant bookings for us.

We would definitely go back.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Rob J
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful for the Holidays”
Reviewed 10 April 2011 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

The whole experience was just superb. The whole family, all 6 of us, went to Buxton to spend Christmas with our Grandparents. We couldn't all stay in their tiny flat so we rented this and couldn't have been happier. The house is beautiful, the owners couldn't be more welcoming and the holiday dinner we were served was divine. Located right near downtown Buxton, close to shops, restaurants and the Opera House where we saw the panto.

Top marks across the board!

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
campbell3...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“All- round excellence in location, accommodation, food and service”
Reviewed 9 April 2011 for a stay in July 2010

Stoneridge is situated ideally, with parking for all its guests, for the Opera House and other amenities. Its surroundings are quiet. The service is excellent and personal, the food abundant and of top quality, the beds comfortable and the rooms spotlessly clean. We have never looked elsewhere in Buxton for accommodation.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
davesmum2
Oxford, Mississippi
“The best place to stay in Buxton”
Reviewed 7 April 2011 for a stay in October 2010

I have stayed with Claire and her family several times. Sometimes with my husband, sometimes with my son. Rooms are great, clean comfortable, good showers. Tray with tea and coffee and snacks in the room. Everything you could want for your stay is available. Breakfast is excellent, full English or fruits and yogurt. Claire is very friendly makes you very welcome, I'm always sorry to be leaving. Location is a short walk to the main shopping area, Opera House, The Gardens, lots of pubs and places to eat. Very good place to stay as a base for walking in the dales, lots of short walks around Buxton or longer walks in the Peak District.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
FlashDad
Los Angeles
“Really Nice”
Reviewed 6 April 2011 for a stay in August 2010

For the past 30 years, I have traveled a great deal both for business (I am a puppeteer for films and commercials produced worldwide) and for pleasure.

Every three or four years, I visit Buxton, Derbyshire, UK for the Gilbert & Sullivan Festival, which now takes over this wonderful little town for three weeks out of the year. On my first visit, I stayed at Buxton's Victorian Guesthouse, which was OK. My room was a little over-furnished and had a view of the alley, but everything was neat and clean.

On this trip, I decided to try the Stoneridge Guesthouse per a recommendation in Fodor's. I can honestly tell you, this is one of the three or four most enjoyable hotel stays I have ever experienced in my entire life. While the owners have maintained the flavor of this "ancient" stone building, they have decorated it with a clean, stylish, contemporary look. The service is warm and friendly and the food is excellent. If you've got a hectic theater schedule or just want to spend a quiet evening at "home," Claire, the owner, will cook a really delicious meal for you.

The Guesthouse is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood with lots of trees and foliage and the view from my room was lovely. Plus, it is just a five minute walk into town or the lobby of the opera house.

I cannot say enough about this wonderful "home away from home" and would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Buxton. It was the highlight of my one month trip to the UK.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing