“Yummy food!”

Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Buxton
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The food was absolutely gorgeous and you got loads more than expected..
Slow service but it was a very busy Saturday afternoon in the sunshine
Waiting 20 mins for 2 bottles of fizzy drinks and a milkshake wasn't the best when it was so hot and we needed a refreshment.
Waitresses we're lovely and friendly and apologetic about the wait even though we didn't mention it which was lovely of them! They seemed very bothered to give the right impression which was a really good thing!!
Overall really good experience and definitely go back on a quieter day and try something different off the menu!!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whilst on a business trip passing through Buxton I called in for a breakfast. The English breakfast was very good value for money £5.95 which included locally sourced ingredients, i.e. sausages from a local butcher etc. The breakfast was cooked really well and was plentiful. The staff were very nice and very attentive. The breakfast menu had a good choice of different breakfasts to suit a wide range of tastes. The staff knew everything about their food when asked because everything is home cooked. Overall highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Crispy bacon butty is was not. The bacon was great, sourced locally. The white roll was extremely dense, like a par baked roll that hadn't been finished off in the oven, then daubed in margarine. Cooked in a flat grill or panini press left the bacon fat white and chewy. The first bite was very difficult to even swallow... I ate the bacon! Very disappointing.
The tea, albeit not the best, was a SCORCHING mug of water filled from a coffee machine with the tea bag dropped into it. This is not a problem except the intense heat of the water!! Definitely a health and safety issue.... Especially as one was placed in front of my young son!
Upon leaving there was no farewell or appreciation... Maybe this is because we had paid already?

1  Thank Dym0nds
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Big Breakfast was big and delicious.

Beans, sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushroom, egg, fried bread and all on a Derbyshire oatcake (my first). A mug of tea and a seat in the window to watch the world go by.

It's a good job I don't live nearby or I'd be in there every day - but I'll be back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Yes, I had the big Buxton breakfast and it certainly lived up to its name. Superb fry-up which sustained me all through a day's hiking. My wife had nicely poached eggs on toast and we both had delicious orange juice - mine even had a pip in it. Could it have been freshly squeezed? Friendly service and highly recommended.