“Cyclist friendly B&B”

Buxton Hilbre Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Buxton Hilbre Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 39 Buxton B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Cyclist friendly B&B”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here while on a cycle trip across England, and very nice it was too! I was made very welcome by one of the owner's sons, with a coffee on arrival, and although I had a small room without on-suite, it was absolutely fine with a comfortable bed - an essential on a long bike trip. Breakfast was great, and there was no problem with me using the garage (where my bike had been secured overnight) before setting off to shelter from the rain and fix a slow puncture. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very friendly and personal service. Lovely spacious room, nicely furnished with a very comfy bed. Quiet, leafy location. Delicious breakfast including Derbyshire Oakcake! Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was attending Stock Car meetings on Saturday and Sunday this weekend at Buxton Raceway, as a spectator. I only live an hours drive from Buxton but I decided to look for a B & B close to the racetrack rather than driving home only to drive back the next day and am I glad I did. The Buxton Hilbre is a delightful B & B and I cannot praise it enough. My one night stay was in the single room which was so comfortable and had everything you could possibly need including hairdryer, a good selection of beverages and a flat screen TV as well as a brilliant view from the window. My room was next to the very large bathroom with the best walk in shower you could imagine. After a very comfortable nights sleep I was treated to a delicious full English breakfast with fruit, cereals and toast if you could manage them ( I couldn't) which kept me going all day until I arrived home at 7.30pm. Special thanks must go to Phillipa and her husband who made me feel very welcome during my short stay and I am certain I will be returning here soon. I may even bring my wife next time

Room Tip: I stayed in the single room. The bed was softer than I am used to but I slept very comfortably.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
El Paso, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Buxton Hilbre in mid-May. While I was only there one night, it was as enjoyable as it could have been. The place is nicely furnished and the single room was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, although I had to run that morning. My host was gracious enough to give two other guests and me a quick ride to the train station. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Buxton is lovely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here at the start and finish of seven days walking the White Peak Way. Fantastically helpful hosts (the whole family!) and the perfect accommodation to bookend our trip. A short walk into Buxton for dinner. Great breakfast. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a fabulous stay at the Hilbre.. our friendly hosts helped us with a discount for the Opera House, storing our paragliding gear and we so helpful. The room we stayed in was plush and had every little luxury , Kettle for hot drinks and cookies, dressing gowns, even hot water bottles and DVDs and books to read. Breakfast was great cooked on a homefired Arger. It was really good to stay in a high standard B&B and to have the warmth of a friendly familiy all at the same time, it really was a great place and we would highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: If you want a central base for walking or biking or paragliding then Hilbre is ideal with good secur...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We wanted somewhere to stay for one night on a flying visit to the peaks and Lyme Park (Pride and Prejudice), with dog! We don't like faceless chain hotels with overheated rooms and 'plastic' breakfasts and smiles so a B&B is always top of the list for us.
We were made very welcome and nothing was too much trouble, a great find. We love Buxton from previous trips when we used to live nearer so I suspect more regular trips now we have discovered Hilbre.
They even gave my daughter a Birthday present - the icing on the cake!
I'd camp in the garden for that Breakfast!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family