“Excellent food, attentive staff, good prices”
Review of russi - CLOSED

russi
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 October 2010

This restaurant deserves all the good reviews. A waiter at the hotel we were staying at recommended it and it was excellent. It is a beautiful restaurant and we thought at first it would be expensive. But the prices were reasonable and the food was really stellar. We all ordered something different and you could tell they took time to make it because they were all distinctive and delicious. The staff was friendly and attentive. Great experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

We ate in Russi last Sunday night. The food was the best food we had ever tasted and we have eaten Indian food all over the world. The onion tikka bhagis were to die for. The staff were terrific, helpful and very polite. I asked for a drink which they said would be a slight delay. They went out and bought some for me which I thought was great. Anywhere else and they would have said they didn't have any! We will certainly return when next in Buxton. Don't miss this one.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Excellent friendly Indian restaurant. Fairly small.
We went about 7.00pm and were the only diners in the place. By 8.00 pm it was full! So I reckon booking is essential.
Very friendly attentive staff. Relaxing atmosphere.
Excellent quality of food. Extra poppodums and a couple of Bailey's thrown in for nothing.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Russi has the BEST Indian food I've had in the UK, and that is saying a lot. We had the vegetarian special for two - excellent spices, terrific service, good value for the money. The place was busy even on a rainy Monday night and I can see why. The piece de la resistance - I left my umbrella at the restaurant. One of the staff personally went out of his way and came to our bed and breakfast that very night to return our umbrella. They knew we were leaving town the next day and 'thought I might be needing it." Now THAT'S service!

Reviewed 24 May 2010

This place serves the best Indian food in Buxton. Try it, you won't be disappointed.