Selected Jug and Glass for its posiiton within easy reach of great walks and lovely towns.
Really enjoyed the stay, room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Tea, coffee, biscuits all waiting for me.The view from the window towards the Tissington Trail was a welcome suprise. Good car park and an entrance that was seperate to the bar available meant it didn't matter when you came and went.
Staff were brilliant, welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere in the bar in the evenings was just what you would expect, we seemed to talk to everyone.
The food superb. Home made and huge portions. Wide selection all freshly cooked. recomend the home made chips. The second night I had salmon and potatoes all was really fresh.
I will go back and have no hesitation recomending the Jug and Glass to anyone looking for a high quality break in the Peaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional service since the 17th century this small quintessential English Coaching Inn in the parish of Hartington atop the White Peak area of the National Park with views across the Derbyshire Dales. Stay in one of our nine modern comfortable centrally heated en suite rooms and dine in the old pub. Sleep, eat, drink and be merry with candlelight, wine and good food to refresh the mind and cheer your soul. Sit by a roasting fire on snowy winter days or walk in panoramic glory in every season. Perfectly central to the Park giving visitors a great overnight stay or a memorable holiday experience. Our partnership with local farmers, food producers and suppliers who share our values helps to sustain the social, environmental and economic fabric of the National Park for future generations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Jug and Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jug And Glass Hotel Buxton
- The Jug And Glass Inn Buxton, Derbyshire