Stayed at the Jug and Glass great name for two nights. Got a very nice welcome on arrival and shown to a very nice room.
Rommel was clean and bed very comfortable and a decent size bedroom, we ate in the restaurant both nights and the first night the food was good, basic pub grub but good value for money, second night not so good, we were asked to go through to our table because a big party was expected but were then left waiting for some time before a young waitress arrived, I can only assume that she was new as any questions asked about the food she just looked blank, shame really because this is a nice place, needs some attention to staff training but it is a place I will return to. Good rooms and value for money,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional service since the 17th century this small quintessential English Coaching Inn in the parish of Hartington atop the White Peak area of the National Park with views across the Derbyshire Dales. Stay in one of our nine modern comfortable centrally heated en suite rooms and dine in the old pub. Sleep, eat, drink and be merry with candlelight, wine and good food to refresh the mind and cheer your soul. Sit by a roasting fire on snowy winter days or walk in panoramic glory in every season. Perfectly central to the Park giving visitors a great overnight stay or a memorable holiday experience. Our partnership with local farmers, food producers and suppliers who share our values helps to sustain the social, environmental and economic fabric of the National Park for future generations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Jug and Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jug And Glass Hotel Buxton
- The Jug And Glass Inn Buxton, Derbyshire