We've been here a couple of time before, nice place to stop off after hiking in the peak district. This time however we decided to eat there after being in Longnor... so we arrive, blatantly looking at the specials board an pick up a menu looking at it at the bar before ordering drinks... even commenting on how there was plenty to chose from. So the lady behind the bar serves us some drinks and off we go to decide which meals to order... 5 minutes later my partner goes to the bar to be told they wont be serving food again until 6pm! This was at 5pm in a place that says on their website "Public bar and restaurant open, from 12pm Thursday to Monday" This was on a Monday.. they give the impression of 'serving food all day' but dont. Disappointed because we often pass the pub on our peak adventures, but looking at other reviews looks like they rest on their laurels, plenty of other option out this way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional service since the 17th century this small quintessential English Coaching Inn in the parish of Hartington atop the White Peak area of the National Park with views across the Derbyshire Dales. Stay in one of our nine modern comfortable centrally heated en suite rooms and dine in the old pub. Sleep, eat, drink and be merry with candlelight, wine and good food to refresh the mind and cheer your soul. Sit by a roasting fire on snowy winter days or walk in panoramic glory in every season. Perfectly central to the Park giving visitors a great overnight stay or a memorable holiday experience. Our partnership with local farmers, food producers and suppliers who share our values helps to sustain the social, environmental and economic fabric of the National Park for future generations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Jug and Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jug And Glass Hotel Buxton
- The Jug And Glass Inn Buxton, Derbyshire