Don't be put off by the exterior of this 17th Century Inn, Janette and Frank made us very welcome, it is obvious that this lovely couple are actively doing their utmost to update this Inn with beautiful large spotlessly clean bedrooms, wonderful hearty breakfast and evening meals with a good menu, and yes the bar is in need of a little TLC as is the exterior but the Inn is spotlessly clean,and I am sure given time the exterior will reflect the warm welcome and the hard work that has been done inside the Inn. Please give it a try, you will be pleasantly surprised. We will definitely be going back. The location is also convenient for all the local beauty spots and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional service since the 17th century this small quintessential English Coaching Inn in the parish of Hartington atop the White Peak area of the National Park with views across the Derbyshire Dales. Stay in one of our nine modern comfortable centrally heated en suite rooms and dine in the old pub. Sleep, eat, drink and be merry with candlelight, wine and good food to refresh the mind and cheer your soul. Sit by a roasting fire on snowy winter days or walk in panoramic glory in every season. Perfectly central to the Park giving visitors a great overnight stay or a memorable holiday experience. Our partnership with local farmers, food producers and suppliers who share our values helps to sustain the social, environmental and economic fabric of the National Park for future generations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Jug and Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jug And Glass Hotel Buxton
- The Jug And Glass Inn Buxton, Derbyshire