Stopped for evening meal on the way through to Sheffield from Lancashire, after having to take a detour from the motorway! So glad we did, we were amongst 6 or 7 groups of people waiting to get through the door when it opened for the evening at 6pm. One of which had been for lunch and was coming back for more! Fabulous choice all looked great, home cooked chips were a winner with the kids and everything on the menu tasted like it was home cooked, would definately go back when passing ( actually make a point of going by!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional service since the 17th century this small quintessential English Coaching Inn in the parish of Hartington atop the White Peak area of the National Park with views across the Derbyshire Dales. Stay in one of our nine modern comfortable centrally heated en suite rooms and dine in the old pub. Sleep, eat, drink and be merry with candlelight, wine and good food to refresh the mind and cheer your soul. Sit by a roasting fire on snowy winter days or walk in panoramic glory in every season. Perfectly central to the Park giving visitors a great overnight stay or a memorable holiday experience. Our partnership with local farmers, food producers and suppliers who share our values helps to sustain the social, environmental and economic fabric of the National Park for future generations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Jug and Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jug And Glass Hotel Buxton
- The Jug And Glass Inn Buxton, Derbyshire