“Family party at the Palace”
Review of The Palace Hotel

The Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Extremely friendly and helpful Management and staff who made a family party go very well particularly as there were a large number of adults with learning difficulties and they were not made to feel like a nuisance as can often be the case

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen S
James L, General Manager at The Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of The Palace Hotel, Buxton on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Palace in the future.

James Lake

Write a ReviewReviews (2,998)

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Palace Hotel experience - a beautiful building, comfortable bed, spacious room, great food, fantastic staff. We had Health & Beauty treatments which were excellent too. We didn't have time to use the pool/gym etc. - but others we chatted with made positive comments. Will be revisiting - a great base to explore the Peak District. We didn't have ours with us, but were very pleased the hotel welcomes dogs. Buxton itself is a lovely town too with lots to see.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Enjoyed a one night stay with my wife on a group on voucher..Stunning setting magnificent building and the staff are the so friendly and helpful , the view from bedroom was unbeliavably pretty and the bedroom was the biggest ever stayed in, Just a few minutes walk from Buxton town centre and the magnificent park...Breakfast and evening meal were great .Its a huge 200 year old building so some areas are in need of a bit of tlc , but would not hesitate to stay again....I would like to thank the staff for such a friendly relaxing stay

1  Thank Waccy

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel decor needs updating and TLC especially the bathroom, some black mildew in places and considering how large the bathroom was the quality of fittings was poor.

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.com following your stay at The Palace Hotel, Buxton.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the team and your stay overall, please be assured that I will pass your comments onto them. I do understand your concerns about the hotel appearing tired and we are working our way through a bedroom redecoration programme to improve this. Perhaps when you are next staying with us you could contact me directly and I will ensure that you receive one of these rooms and I’m sure that you will be impressed with the work that we have done.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is in a stunning location and a stunning building, but let down by the poor decorative state of all areas (public and bedroom). It is in desperate need of redecoration / refurb. All staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is dog friendly, however it was inundated with dogs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked this as a girlie spa break treat post Christmas, and it did exactly what it said on the tin. Great value for money, food & service. My friends now what to know when I am booking the next treat!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Palace as it was selected for me by my work. The building is beautiful from the outside and in it's heyday about 200 years ago was probably amazing. It is now a sorry and neglected hulk with plaster and paint peeling off the walls. The rooms are draughty with poor bathrooms. Our company had booked us for the evening meal at about £25 per head. This price is madness as the portions are amazingly small, imagine a ham hock terrine which is basically bites size and braised beef which was more of a starter than a main. Breakfast buffets were bearable but of very low quality. I can't imagine any reason why anyone would choose to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence and should you wish to discuss this in person with me I’d be delighted to take your call.

I do hope that you will consider returning to The Palace in the near future thus allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

James Lake

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
The Izaak Walton Hotel
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to The Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!