“Relax package at Palace Hotel”
Review of The Palace Hotel

The Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friend and I had a lovely stay at this hotel this week. The staff were very friendly with excellent customer service skills especially those in the restaurant and the lady greeting people for breakfast. On arrival we found we had been up graded to a suite which was a real treat very spacious, comfortable and very clean. The standard of the food both at dinner and breakfast was also excellent and I felt the relax package we had chosen was very good value for money. A lovely location for two friends to catch up and relax.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James L, General Manager at The Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of The Palace Hotel, Buxton on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Palace in the future.

James Lake

Write a ReviewReviews (3,055)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Palace hotel for a relaxing break. We chose the hotel mainly for it's location and this was very good. The room was nice and we had room service twice which was very good and efficient. The meal in the restaurant was excellant.
I do not recommend the Spa where the staff were not friendly or efficient. The Dome in the university next door looks much nicer and you can book in for treatments.

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.com following your stay at The Palace Hotel, Buxton.

I do hope that you will return to The Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

What a shame. beautiful hotel, setting but well past its best. Food was superb as was the friendliness and politeness of staff but the pool was disgusting with stuff floating in it. The water was salty, there appeared to be no chlorine in it at all. We bought a spa deal on last,minute so this was a big draw for us, but just couldn't use it. There were lots of staff chatting together when we arrived, they should have been in the pool area constantly cleaning and checking.The bedroom was clean if tatty, the bed linen very clean as were the towels. Food was nouvelle cuisine but tasty and filling, tables laid beautifully and the waiting staff efficient. Such a beautiful old hotel, it needs TLC and the beauty staff need some training. No one asked re: pre-esisting conditions, back problem or issues to be resolved and that's important if you're going to manipulate someone's body. I would like to give this place another go as it's a great setting but it has some serious flaws. The deal on refelection wasn't a deal once I'd totted up the quality of what we'd received for the money.

2  Thank RoodTrood
James L, General Manager at The Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be suitable for you, but disappointed that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence. With regard to pool water quality, we do undertake very regular and rigorous tests to back up the automatic dosing system in place, which I personally monitor and to date there has been no issues in January that I have noted.

I do hope that you will return to The Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Extremely friendly and helpful Management and staff who made a family party go very well particularly as there were a large number of adults with learning difficulties and they were not made to feel like a nuisance as can often be the case

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen S

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Palace Hotel experience - a beautiful building, comfortable bed, spacious room, great food, fantastic staff. We had Health & Beauty treatments which were excellent too. We didn't have time to use the pool/gym etc. - but others we chatted with made positive comments. Will be revisiting - a great base to explore the Peak District. We didn't have ours with us, but were very pleased the hotel welcomes dogs. Buxton itself is a lovely town too with lots to see.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Enjoyed a one night stay with my wife on a group on voucher..Stunning setting magnificent building and the staff are the so friendly and helpful , the view from bedroom was unbeliavably pretty and the bedroom was the biggest ever stayed in, Just a few minutes walk from Buxton town centre and the magnificent park...Breakfast and evening meal were great .Its a huge 200 year old building so some areas are in need of a bit of tlc , but would not hesitate to stay again....I would like to thank the staff for such a friendly relaxing stay

1  Thank Waccy

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel decor needs updating and TLC especially the bathroom, some black mildew in places and considering how large the bathroom was the quality of fittings was poor.

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the team and your stay overall, please be assured that I will pass your comments onto them. I do understand your concerns about the hotel appearing tired and we are working our way through a bedroom redecoration programme to improve this. Perhaps when you are next staying with us you could contact me directly and I will ensure that you receive one of these rooms and I’m sure that you will be impressed with the work that we have done.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

James Lake

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
The Westminster Hotel
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 2 in Matlock Bath

Been to The Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!