“The location made this trip for us”

Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel was booked for a romantic getaway for me and my boyfriend. The views on the way, and surrounding the hotel were fantastic! The hotel itself seemed a little bit dated, but I gathered that was the style they were going for. The room we were given was very clean but we had a lovely view of the kitchens, so loud noises from the fans and we were woken up early with the banging coming from the kitchen. In the evening we went for a meal in the conservatory, but it unfortunately took a ridiculously long time to get served and while we had many apologies from the waitress during our meal the service didn't seem to get better, not to mention the prices of drinks and such were quite expensive. The food itself was lovely and the buffet breakfast was nice enough. All in all I would definately visit Buxton again but would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Spent last weekend at the Lee Wood which was very enjoyable.
Room was clean and quiet.
Restaurant and bar staff were helpful and friendly
breakfast was excellent with a good choice of serial and fruit with the freshly cooked option available.
Evening meal was also very good.
Excellent weekend shame about the weather!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have been staying at the Lee Wood for the last eight years with different group of ladies (ranging from 6 to 12 people) on crafting weekends. We now visit about 5 times a year for one or two nights each time. The Lee Wood has been continually updated over this time - all the rooms are well furnished and extremely comfortable containing all essentials. The staff and management are exceptional and go out of their way to give friendly and efficient service. I cannot praise too highly the quality and standard of food at the Lee Wood. I recently also visited for a pre-theatre dinner with friends who were very impressed with the meals and service. I would recommend the Lee Wood to anyone for a relaxing break in the Peak district or to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the second time and was very relieved to find it just as good as the first time. We were on a 2 for 1 offer direct from the hotel. The room in the main hotel was very comfortable with a couple of comfy chairs, not overly large but more than adequate, the bathroom was an excellent size.
The breakfast consisted of a cold buffet with a cooked to order English and very nice it was too. We ate in the restaurant on saturday evening and it was superb, I had the scallops which were excellent followed by the lamb.
We would really recommend this hotel and the are around has plenty to see and do, we will be returning.
Tyhanks to all

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

stayed on business. Arrived after 9 o'clock so the restrauant was closed. the room they gave me, 10, was immediately above reception. Nice furnishings, clean and tidy. Old fashioned TV. Free wired internet and WiFi. Had to turn on the radiator as the room was a little cool. Bathroom seemed to have been recently moderised. Very happy with the room. Had a dunk from the bar which was very quiet. Fire alarm went off just as I was getting into bed but stopped within 30 seconds. Looked out the door and no one seemed to getting out. No explanation given the following day as to why that happened. Disappointed with breakfast. I must have upset the waiter as I sat at a table for 3 when there was only me. He took away a place and put it on another table. The choice was limited of what to eat. I hate jams served in a central open bowl. No idea if the milk on offer was full, semi or skimmed. There seemed to be only one person covering the whole of the breakfast room. The cooked breakfast was done to order but lacked the refinement that I would have expected. In places like this you expect that it would explain that the produce was local but it seemed very plain. the bread on offer was poor.

I would stay here again but would eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Our group of twelve have just spent a delightful weekend at the Leewood Hotel and it was enjoyable in every way.

The staff were absolutely excellent as were the rooms and meals. Our whole group had nothing but praise (I was particularly pleased as it had been my turn to arrange the weekend) and we all said we will have no hesitation in recommending the Leewood to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
J320, Owner at Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Many thanks for your kind comments and I am well aware of how much the team enjoyed looking after your small group. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and in the meantime send you all our greetings for the forthcoming Festive Season.
John Millican
Managing Partner

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed for a couple of days with my husband last week. We loved it!! Had. Lovely room on the second floor lookin out over the park which was gorgeous! Was large enough for two people for a few days with space to sit and a wardrobe to un pack into there is also free Internet so I could check my emails and relax! All the staff we encountered we're great they all seemed not just keen to serve and please but also genuinely interested in us and offering advice on where to go for sight seeig etc! Breakfast for yummy both mornings and it is cooked fresh which is such a nice change as most hotels have it stood on hot plates or hours!! Car parking was free and lots of space for everyone! We will defiantly be returning!

• Stayed: November 2011
J320, Owner at Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Many thanks for your kind comments which have been much appreciated by our team who were delighted that you enjoyed your short break with us. We lookforward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
John Millican
Managing Partner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
The Old Hall Hotel
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
The Westminster Hotel
The Izaak Walton Hotel
Wind in the Willows Country House Hotel

Been to Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!