Griff House Bed & Breakfast
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgranolab bjug of fresh milksilent fridgepeak districtrecommend placesbreakfast was deliciouscheshire cheesea quiet residential areacomfortable bedthe perfect hosthomemade jamssmall fridgelovely toiletriesappointed roomsguest loungea great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Martin was so obliging with our check in time and very accommodating. He carried our luggage up the stairs and made sure everything was perfect. We had to leave very early on our second day there to fly back to Canada so he gave my cousins a key so that they could come in at 6 am to pick us up without waking up the house with the doorbell. It worked out very well for all. We did have one delicious breakfast there in the lovely dining room.

Room Tip: We chose a room with 2 singles for my sister and myself.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked Griff house for a night so we could visit Buxton. I seriously do not think we could've found anywhere nicer to stay. Very well located near to town & a lovely walk through the park.
The room we had was lovely, well decorated & spotless. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up - it was only the lure of breakfast that got me out of the bed!
The breakfast was simply excellent - I especially liked the oatcake as we struggle to buy them where I live. Homemade jams were a bonus as was the choice of 3 juices!
Everything about Griff House is well thought out and you can tell the owners really do care about you enjoying your stay.
I loved this place and hope to return - I wouldn't stay anywhere else

Oh and I fell in love with the stair carpet - simply magnificent!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Look no further if you are looking for a great B and B. Lovely room - comfy bed, fluffy towels. Whole place was spotless. Breakfast was great. 5 minute walk to town with parking on street. Couldn't fault this B and B

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We spent a wonderful week with Martin and Kathryn. Our room was superb, comfortable and spotless. Our breakfasts couldn't be bettered. Martin gave us some written instructions to view beautiful areas around the Peak District which we found and enjoyed. We celebrated my birthday with them in their lounge. They organized a cake and coffee after our daughter contacted them from Australia. One of the best B&Bs we've stayed at. Graeme and Vi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our room was very spacious and warm, the bathroom had a bath as well as a shower which is always a bonus. Tea making bits and bobs, water and biscuits all provided so everything was provided. t.v as well. Very close to town but even though our room faced the road there was not a lot of traffice noise and we slept really well. huge bed. Lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple