“Exceptional service”

Ranked #1 of 40 Buxton B&B and Inns
London
“Exceptional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a lovely 2 night stay at Griff House with my cousin recently. The B&B is in a perfect location-approx. 5 mins walk to the main town of Buxton but in a quiet residential area with parking.
Home cooked breakfast with local produce & home made granola to die for! Very clean rooms with tea/coffee making facilities, biscuits & water in the room.
Martin went way beyond the expectations of a B&B owner when we got hopelessly lost on our first evening hiking. We rang him & he came out in the pouring rain to find us!!! I have never been so grateful to see someone.
Lots of information available about walks & attractions.
I would certainly return to this lovely B&B.

1 Thank Annie000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights as a central location for walking in Peak District. The accommodation is of the highest standard, recently furnished - very clean and everything of the highest quality. Perfectly located for the lovely town of Buxton I have nothing to fault the stay. I would highlight two outstanding qualities - the hosts Kathryn and Martin : attentive, knowledgeable of the local area (when we told them where we were walking they made sure we knew directions and aware of some of the views, hidden extras, etc on the journey) and made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable during our stay. The second point is the attention to detail and added touches - from the locally sourced food, homemade museli, buxton water in the room, etc etc. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Martin S
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed mid April 2014 for 3 nights. Our room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was very good with local and home-made produce. Plenty of free parking nearby on a quiet road. well situated for touring or walking in to town and hosts ready to advise on local amenities, walks etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for four nights at Griff house whilst on a walking holiday in the Peak District.
In short, this is one of the best bed and breakfasts I have ever stayed in.
Ideally located, Griff House offers everything you could ask for and has a real home from home feel to it.
Martin and Kathryn are great hosts, and nothing is too much trouble for them. Breakfasts are locally sourced and extremely good. The rooms are very tastefully furnished and very comfortable.
I cannot recommend Griff House enough for anyone thinking about visiting this beautiful part of England.

2 Thank Chris S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I can highly recommend Griff House Martin and Kathryn are very helpful. I can honestly say Griff House is probably the nicest bed & breakfast we have stayed in, so relaxing. Great location! It's home from home, emaculate rooms, with lovely touches - breakfast was superb, local produce, also Kathryn's homemade jams were delicious. So looking forward My husband and I can highly recommend Griff House. Martin and Kathryn are very welcoming and to our next visit!

Yvonne and Laurence

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were recommended to stay at Griff House by a friend and we very much enjoyed our stay. We were made to feel welcome and at ease by Martin and Kathryn and we appreciated their environmentally friendly approach. The home-made granola was excellent and we were inspired to try and make our own when we got home! We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline M
Francescas, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've stayed 9 nights in Griff House b&b and I spent a very nice stay: the room was comfortable, the breakfast excellent and Martin, the owner, was very kind with a great sense of hospitality.
I keep very good souvenirs from my stay in Griff House and Buxton is an ideal place for hiking in the Peak District.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo