“very nice stay”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Been here before on a stay to buxton, very nice hotel just near the park. Welcoming greeting, excellent staff and lovely food. We would revisit and definately reccommend.

SallyPotter287, General Manager at The Old Hall Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased that you found the staff and food to be excellent.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding here yesterday awesome day thanks to my wedding coordinator vicki and her team at the old hall..beautiful hotel very historical, lovely meals, overall a magical place to stay very welcoming

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations on your recent marriage. I have passed your lovely comments onto Vicky.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

14 of us had a pre-booked pre theatre dinner in th bar. We have eaten before and this time standards have dropped. The staff were off hand and unhelpful and the food mediocre.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that on this occasion your visit did not live up to your expectations. I hope you will return to experience the usually high standards.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Old Hall Hotel in Buxton and had a great time. it is right in the centre of this lovely spa town and employs local staff to give it a friendly welcoming feel. Would definitely go back and great if you're going to a show or gig at Buxton Opera House or walking in the Derbyshire hills as we did

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future. Keep an eye on the website for all our current offers.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a fine stay, all told. Unlike so many older hotels The Old Hall did not feel tired or shabby. The main challenge for me, as a very tall person, was the need to duck in places due to low doorways and low-hanging light-fittings on low ceilings, which might be worth a rethink: the considerable clunk to the head I sustained in my room didn't draw blood or knock any sense into me, but did cause the lights to fail, requiring the electrician to be called, which all happened very efficiently! Dinner - I went for the fish option, which was excellent - was reasonable and the wine list was good. A reasonable malt was available too, as a nightcap. The only disappointing thing was at breakfast - not the food quality, which was superb - but the service manager being a bit slow and inconsistent in directing staff to take orders. And the requested poached arrived fried. But it was nonetheless a very, very good hotel breakfast. I have no hesitation in recommending the Old Hall.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank SiGmund63

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great stay here at the Old Hall. I hope to see you here again in the near future.

Kind Regards