“Excellent pre-theatre service”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent pre-theatre service”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We visited the Old Hall Restaurant prior to going to Buxton Opera House. We booked to eat in the Wine bar beforehand which was worth doing because it was busy presumably with others doing the same as us. The food and drinks were lovely and well priced and the service was efficient and commendable. This is a great way to spend an evening. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
SallyPotter287, General Manager at The Old Hall Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your meals. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

sheffield
“Pre concert dinner”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Liked the fast, efficient service. Prices extremely reasonable. Coffee and tea included which was an unexpected bonus. Would definitely return

Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your pre theatre meal. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfectly nice but nothing special”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Chose this for pre theatre dinner with my 89 year old mum. The decor was as I had hoped - white table cloths, carpeted (my mum is quite deaf and finds restaurants with wooden flooring hard to hear a conversation in) and overall tastefully genteel. Service was Ok overall -started very well when it was very quiet but got worse as got a bit busier -resulting in very hasty dessert and even hastier coffee despite being told on arrival we had plenty of time. What was very disappointing was the actual food. Not what I expected having read the reviews. We were a party of 5 so had a variety of dishes and none were more than OK. The chorizo starter was in such a huge chunk that it was extremely difficult to cut and chew through (for a 19 year old ) and the mozzarella almost non existent. My fish was particularly poor and no way was it grilled -it was very watery and tasteless. No -I did not complain at the time - not appropriate to do so in the party I was with, but that food should not have been served as it was. The kitchen should have known this was not up to scratch before it was served -customers should not have to complain to get good food. I have written this review as I would probably not have gone if I had known what the actual food was like.

• Visited August 2014
SallyPotter287, General Manager at The Old Hall Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear that your meal did not live up to your expectations. I have passed your comments on to the kitchen and hope you will return to experience our usually high standards.

Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, would definitely recommend!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was in Buxton for a weekend break, upon looking for food we stumbled across the Old Hall Hotel. Food and service were excellent, would definitely go back given the chance.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

london
“"not closed at 22:30 !”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

good food served long after all others have closed. The barfood was excellent, in particular massive portions of fish and chips. Sensible pricing on a small range of wines.

Visited July 2014
SallyPotter287, General Manager at The Old Hall Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience. We have an offer on for Fish and Fizz which includes two portions on Fish and Chips and two glasses of Prosecco for £25.