“Excellent As Ever!”

Ranked #37 of 114 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Taj Mahal brings together world-class chefs to offer the finest Indian cuisine in our lovely Buxton location. From the acclaimed food to the opulent surroundings, Taj Mahal offers the finest Indian dining experience.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have eaten here since it opened which must be something like 20 years?! The food and portions are always excellent. The vast majority of staff are very attentive although they can at times seem a bit "off". The place is always busy which says alot about its consistently good reputation

1  Thank adebabe h

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We visited here a couple of days ago on 12th October 2013 and had a wonderful visit; we were greeted at the door and taken to our table with no waiting at all. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, they couldn't do enough for us, one member of staff caught and removed a spider that came in from the cold. As tourists and liking to write about places I always have my camera at the ready and a member of staff on a few occasions took photos of my hubby and me together which we thought was nice. We never had to wait long for more drinks and they also sold non alcoholic lager.

We had starters and mains all of it was cooked to perfection and was kept warm, there was more than enough to keep the biggest appetite satisfied, both my husband and I were full to the brim after our two courses and we really enjoyed it. Not only was the food excellent, but the prices were very reasonable too, if you paid cash instead of card you got a 5% discount. The ambiance of the restaurant was also very relaxing and pleasant. Overall we were exceptionally pleased with our visit.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

we stayed in buxton for 3 nights in September and on two of those nights we ate here as it was so nice. The first night we had a set meal for 2 and its was fantastic. We found the service very good and the staff not rude at all as noted in a previous review. Wish this was my local indian restaurant.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We really fancied a curry during our stay in Buxton and we headed to the Taj Mahal. We have a lovely meal here and throughly enjoyed the food. The service was good and just what I would expect from an Indian. I would go back if I were in the area again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We went to this restaurant recently as we particularly enjoy indian food. We weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent.

1  Thank Eileen V