“Surprisingly great!”

Ranked #39 of 114 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Taj Mahal brings together world-class chefs to offer the finest Indian cuisine in our lovely Buxton location. From the acclaimed food to the opulent surroundings, Taj Mahal offers the finest Indian dining experience.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food is much more than I expected. I thought we would get a typical curry, but the menu is pretty extensive and you will find many new and different items to choose from. I had the danchak which was sweet with pineapple and a lentil sauce. It was nice to have something a little different.

The service is fine and I appreciate not being hovered over. A nice treat if you're in the area!

2  Thank Maureen A

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Staff that don't speak to you when you arrive, no friendly chat what so ever, not even eaten our starter and they were trying to take the plates away, as soon as they took the played the main meal come out, not a comfortable time at all, and to make things worse we have both been feeling Poorly ever since, will not be going here again!

5  Thank Nicola O
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Here again as the food is very good. Manager/Owner was not on duty and it really showed I am afraid. There is a 5% off when eating in for payment by cash. I knew from the last time that they would not subtract this from the total, unless asked. This time I again had to ask and the staff pretended I had to ask for the discount when ordering. Of course they did not say this last time and there is no such instruction in the menu. I suggest it is a bit of a sham on individual staff to line their pockets! Know for the sure the owner/manager who is very fair and honest would not approve...So ask for the 5% or just don't and leave it as a tip instead! Food great though.....shame the attitude of the staff always leaves something to be desired

1  Thank adebabe h
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We used to be regulars when we lived in Buxton, however only get back now and then. Our last visit was as always excellent with just me and the wife. Abzar and his staff are as always great hosts and the food is fantastic.

2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just passing and decided to go dining with my wife , Food was delicious and staff were very friendly and helpful in selecting a dish for my wife that was not too spicy.
Overall very good