“Breakfast out with my daughter. Grand”

The Wye Bridge House
Ranked #23 of 115 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Wye Bridge House is a JD Wetherspoon Free house, set in the idealistic setting on the edge of Ashwood park in the peak district town of Buxton. The Pub sits within walking distance of the towns central shopping area with some parking in front. The large beer garden which offers sunshine all day long (weather permitting!) opens onto the park area which has playground facilities ideal for those summer days Children welcome up to 9pm. Food is served from 8am until 10pm.Highlights of the food menu include;• Lunch time deals from £4.09• Tuesday steak club from £6.75• Thursday curry club from £6.25• Sunday lunches from £6.75The pub offers up to 10 real ales from only £2.09 a pint, hence the place in the “2013 Camra Good Beer Guide”. Free Wi-Fi.*20% off all main meals with valid theatre tickets, (ideal for the summer Buxton festival).
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Last day before my daughter starts school so we went for breakfast at Wetherspoons as the start of our play date.

She had porridge with honey and banana and a glass of apple juice, I had the Eggs Benedict and a coffee, total cost about £6. Service was pretty quick, the guy who served us was friendly and accommodating and the food was grand. Nothing flashy, but tasty and quickly delivered to us.

For £6 all in we both had a lovely breakfast and my little girl felt that she had been treated.

Wetherspoons is what it is, simple things at low prices. If you are expecting Michelin Stars, this is the wrong place. If you want a good value meal that isn't going to cost you the earth then you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Ate here June 2013 with a group of people. Food came out in Dribs & drabs, no continuity with the order of food. The food was of low quality & very dry/overcooked. They also messed up our order & my daughters meal did not arrive. They couldn't find her meal on the order so it had to be made while we were all eating. By the time her meal had arrived everyone else had finished so she had to eat on her own, it was so small it looked like a child's portion which had just been cobbled together. Staff were very nonchalant in their attitude with no enthusiasm whatsoever.
So, would I eat here again? NO!!

1  Thank Shelley B
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Came here when I had my trip to Buxton. What a mistake! I was already in a bad mood due to my blowout on my way into buxton and coming into here made my mood worse. The staff were terrible, and the food and drink was awful. Furthermore, looking around it was filthy. Lucky for them the job centre is 50 yards away Avoid at all costs

4  Thank Panfull
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We ate here on Easter Monday, and I have to say the politeness of staff, and the overall service they gave was excellent.

The quality of the real ale on offer was great, and the food was standard Wetherspoons menu, but of good quality.

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

the staff walk around with no enthusiasm like they're stuck in a dead end job! No passion no customer service and the selection on the menu is awful. Its all the same nothing stands out and catches your eye. Very very average place at best, wont be returning again