“Old Club House - Buxton”
Review of The Old Clubhouse

The Old Clubhouse
Ranked #46 of 114 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished Local pub serving food from 12-9pm every day. Relax in the lounge area by the open fire place or dine in the candlelit dining room. This historic building is both dog and walker friendly, and encourages anyone visiting the area to sample our craft beers and wide selection of wines. The Old Clubhouse is the perfect place to spend your evening.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my hubby and I wish I never went here. A total nightmare There was short staffed so it took a while to get served. We placed an order and waited an hour and a half for our food only to be told that they did not have what we ordered. And did not apologise untill I complained. They offered us a free drink which we declined as we was that digusted. I asked for a refund and left. I will never go back there again. Disgraceful.

1  Thank ClaireTrudy

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having seen the new carvery advertised and heard good things we went today to try it. Serving from 1pm we arrived at 12.50pm to grab a table in the sun and a drink. We got to the carvery upstairs at 13.10 at the latest.... no Yorkshire puddings... A dry small bit of beef and ham, a 5 min wait for roast potatoes, vegetables were soft and soggy and gravy looked like the dregs.
Live and work local... shame as I won't be coming again.

Katie W, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Clubhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Buxton81,

Thank you for your review on The Old Clubhouse, I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our Carvery yesterday.

In only its third week we have had some great feedback on the standard of Carvery like you have said, and yesterday we did have a lot of positive feedback. I have spoken to the kitchen manager who has taken your comments on board and will ensure that the Carvery standard is kept high.

I do hope that you decide to return and please let us know next time you visit as we would like to meet you and ensure your next visit is perfect.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm surprised at some of the reviews. We visited on Sunday 29th June on a trip to the Peak District. We were unsure as to stay or not but were hungry and tired from walking so decided to take the risk. The food arrived quickly and was very nice. All the staff we encountered were polite and very helpful. The prices were excellent and were so impressed we returned the following night. Admittedly we didn't visit the toilets so can't comment on them.

1  Thank Whatalife60

Dear Whatalife60,

Thank you for your great comments, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visits to The Old Clubhouse.

I hope your enjoyed your visit to Buxton and will be back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This establishment used to be excellent but following a series of new managers, its reputation has dropped considerably. I understand another new manager has taken over, let's hope things improve.

Dear Dennis,

As part of the new management team that have taken over The Old Clubhouse I would like to thank you for your review. As you have said The Clubhouse is an amazing place, and we are aware that it may have had some past issues in the last year or two.

Myself and the new general manager Mark have a true passion for The Old Clubhouse. We are excited to be here and hope to return The Old Clubhouse to its busiest days.

I do hope on your next visit we can meet and you will enjoy the improvements we have been making.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We decided to visit Buxton on our day off, as we run our own pub restaurant, work extremely long hours and like to know what other establishments have to offer with regards to food and service.
From the outside, this pub looks quite welcoming. However, once we were inside it was an entirely different story!! It took 8 minutes for the barman to finally show. He told us it would be about 30 mins for food, although there were few people dining.
After ordering 2 simple starters at the bar, we waited for 45 minutes and then we approached the barman to ask how long for our food to be served. He then told us that one of the dishes was no longer available. We noticed that a couple who came in after us had received their main meal before us.
Finally our food came out.......... how disappointing to see the bland plate of overcooked chicken wings and half cooked croquettes. what a let down.
On a plus ...... the coffee was very nice.
Not sure we would visit this place again.
You would think that they would ensure that the food and service was of a high standard, as this is a popular area for tourists and there is much competition in Buxton.
Needs to change guys...........!

Katie W, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Clubhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Gill,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to The Old Clubhouse.

As part of the new management team I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered during your visit.

We are aware of how important high standards of customer service and we were disappointed to hear that these standards were not meet. One of first goals is to bring the energy and passion back to the Old Clubhouse to make it back to the amazing place it once was.

I have sent you a private message in order to gain more information from your visit and also to be in contact with you in the future.

I do hope to see you back at The Old Clubhouse in the future.

Katie