“Lovely Afternoon in Buxton”
Review of The Old Clubhouse

The Old Clubhouse
Ranked #61 of 112 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished Local pub serving food from 12-9pm every day. Relax in the lounge area by the open fire place or dine in the candlelit dining room. This historic building is both dog and walker friendly, and encourages anyone visiting the area to sample our craft beers and wide selection of wines. The Old Clubhouse is the perfect place to spend your evening.
Manchester
“Lovely Afternoon in Buxton”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent a lovely afternoon in Buxton on Sunday 13th July enjoying the entertainment provided by the local Fringe Festival. The outdoor seating was great for taking in the atmosphere and listening to the entertainment outside the Opera House. A few members of our group chose to have the carvery for lunch and I must say I wish I had it too although I wasn't quite hungry enough! Feedback on the food from them was great and it looked really tasty and plenty of it. I had the Steak Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries, and although I had a bit of a wait, I think that it seemed longer because I was watching people eat their carvery! I know there have been a few negative comments regarding the carvery but there was no complaints from my table. My food was also really nice. I would visit the pub again next time I visit Buxton.

Lytham St Annes
“Check your bar bill”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having worked in this establishment many years ago I decided to go back for a visit. Mmm well standards certainly dropped as it was carnival day we expected a wait, however 4drinks and the barman said £24 WHAT when questioned he apologised and said he had charged for bottle of wine not a glass. Ok busy day easy mistake but same mistake again 45 mins later don't except. Didn't bother to order food after that. No opology just matter of fact about it all, shame as a lovely building but training in need we certainly wouldn't gave got away with such sloppy standards.

Buxton Derbyshire in the High Peak Forest
“Food, hit n miss”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ordered the Chicken n Mushroom pie, the pie was good but the peas and mashed potato must have been cooked then warmed up when ready to serve OVERCOOKED !!!!!!
Nice place to sit out in the sun. Staff very helpful, don't think we will eat here again . Nothing attractive with the food .....you get what you pay for.

Victoria, Gozo, Malta
“Good food and perfect setting.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a good lunch at this restaurant. Menu caters for all tastes and staff friendly. The wine list is also varied and moderate in price.It seems the water is local (Buxton) but very good. Good value for money.

• Visited June 2014
“Old Club House - Buxton”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my hubby and I wish I never went here. A total nightmare There was short staffed so it took a while to get served. We placed an order and waited an hour and a half for our food only to be told that they did not have what we ordered. And did not apologise untill I complained. They offered us a free drink which we declined as we was that digusted. I asked for a refund and left. I will never go back there again. Disgraceful.

• Visited February 2014