“Excellent”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Their telephone number is 01298 83288
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were recommended to this place by the owner of our bed and breakfast at Fernydale Farm (see separate review). She recommended it on our first night, and we enjoyed it so much that we returned for the remaining two nights of our stay. On the first night, my husband had the beef and stilton pie, and I had the steak and ribs, both delicious. On the second night I had the thai fishcakes (in the hope that something a bit lighter might leave me with room for dessert - no chance!), my husband had pork in grand marnier sauce, and on the final night, Steve once again went for the beef and stilton pie and I (determined to have pudding on at least one night) had the steak sandwich. Once again, everything was delicious, and it was a very close run thing, but I managed to squeeze down the sticky toffee pudding sundae.

We cannot fault this place, all the food was delicious and we felt like regulars even after only three days.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We didn't stay here but we would another time. New landord very nice, super enthusiastic and very customer friendly. Had lunch here last Friday and the food is amazing. Service is fast but it is not fast food, it's quality local fayre, good portions and scrummy.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Ate hear with my wife and our 2 year old son while on holiday nearby.

Good children's menu and very friendly and helpful staff, who looked after us all really well - particualrly our little one, which obviously went down well!

Adult meals also excellent, and good selection of beers - highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Loved this place, perfect place to eat/drink if staying at Hurdlow grange or surrounding area. We were a Hen Do of 18, loved the food and the staff were fantastic. Special mention to 'Josh' who helped us organise our daytime activities, and directed us even though we still managed to get ourselves lost! Great place and would love to go back!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went here as a large family group and had a great lunch. Roast ham and lamb good. Beef tasty and tender but was well done so might not be to everyone's taste. Lovely veg. Menu looks huge which can set alarm bells ringing but be assured that the food is cooked well. Service was excellent. A couple of hiccups but staff promptly resolved them effectively and professionally. Will be back