“top of the bill”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Kings Croft Guest House
Ranked #20 of 39 Buxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed for five nights at Daves B & B and found that we could not have chosen a better place, large room with all of the extras that you could need and more. Well placed for the town in a quiet area with good off road parking. you will not go hungry here the breakfast is superb and includes the best Black pudding for miles, will not hesitate to return if in this area again. Well done Dave and thanks for a great stay !!!.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stokesrob

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I booked this bed and breakfast on the spur of the moment as a late booking. Upon arrival we were met by the proprietor Dave who was cutting the grass. He made us very welcome and showed us to our room which was a lovely, large, twin bedded room with large flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a clean en-suite bathroom.
The breakfast the following morning was served by Dave, looking resplendent in his smart white shirt and bow tie. There was a choice of cereals, fresh strawberries, grapefruit, bananas and fruit juice. Breakfast itself was lovely, hot and tasty with quality products used.
I cannot commend this bed and breakfast highly enough, it is traditional, clean and very friendly with the ever attentive Dave to help you in any way he can. There is parking and also a nice seating area with a lovely ornamental pond with some large fish, It is perfectly situated, just a 2 minute walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Buxton.

Room Tip: Pre book, it's popular.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burt0001
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I arrived in Buxton on the off chance....I asked around town about a good B&B and Kingscroft came up time and time again. No dis-credit to others..(I did stay 1 night somewhere else which was very nice, as Kingscroft was full!) and as said in reviews before.. there are no lies there. Dave runs a fantastic B&B, I felt like I was family or friend, of which I am now certainlt the later. The house is a perfect example of a Victorian building with huge bedrooms and equally large guest areas including lounge, dining room, parking and garden. Dave can't do enough for you, he is a genuine person with everyone's best interests at heart. The house is an ecletic mix of tradition and character, made good by its owner and he is on the doorstep of not only the town of Buxton, but also the vast and amazing area of the Peak district with plenty of infomation about all goings on of the surrounding area. I can not express enough how glad I was to stumble upon Dave and his B&B, and the as mentioned here before, the breakfast is secong to none....my full english consisted of REAL sausages...lovely bacon, fresh mushrooms and tomatoes....my point being no tin food here, and all at a very reasonable rate considering what he offers. I have frequented many guest houses from John o'Groats to Lands End and I would love to here from somebody who could honestly tell me that they have experienced a similar non formality, whilst at the same time being made to feel special (Dave where's a bow tie with a white shirt to serve you breakfast....but it is not formal in any sense... it just works!) because this B&B is not a B&B..it's something else....what I can't quite put my finger on...but one thing I do know is, is that I will be most certainly be back...if not for the Peak District...(how you ask?!?) because Dave is equally as magnificant!!!! a top, top place to rest your head...I assure you.
Keep it up Dave, more of the same please......Howard

Room Tip: I advise to pre-book....not many to the pound!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Howard7921
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My partner and I stayed with another couple for 2 nights. The rooms were a good standard, comfortable and well furnished. The place has character. The breakfast was surperb and Dave, the host, was great. We went to Buxton to celebrate a birthday and Kingscroft added to the occasion!

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Mike_M_Ab
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This B&B is a must!!!! The rooms are nice and spacious with lots of character, very interesting, was like visiting a museum. The house being just like the host in terms of amazing character. You couldn't meet a more finer host than Dave who was very friendly, welcoming, and extremely attentive to everyone's needs. The room we stayed in was so quiet that I had trouble getting up for breakfast. Breakfast at the weekend had a small surprise which made me chuckle......... :-)

If TV's your thing, then you'll not be dissappointed with the huge flat screen, although we had no need for it, due to the beautiful town and surrounding countryside.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yanmulberry
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Charming host, very welcoming.Comfortable,clean and cosy room.Ideal situation,easy walk into town.Excellent breakfast,couldn't fault it and we are very fussy!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerrycook05
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We found this B&B by chance, and were very satisfied with it. The room and the en suite were of reasonable size, the furniture had style. The flat screen TV was by far the largest I've ever seen in a B&B. There's also a DVD library guests can use for free. On top of tea, coffee and hot chocolate we also got two bottles of water and some biscuits. The breakfast was huge. Of the three B&Bs we stayed at during our holiday this was the best and the cheapest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple