Cressbrook Hall
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cottageswedding venuelower lodgemonsal headhigh spytop spotthe main houselady ownerpeak districtself cateringwedding receptionbeautiful housewonderful weekendcooked breakfastmonsal traildouble roomfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I found this gem of a place after looking at many places on visit the peak district website. I was visiting the Peak District on business & as I had a long journey up from the south coast thought I ought to make the most of the National Park & stay on for a few days. I also took my parents with me who had never visited the Peak District, so booked the Wednesday, Thursday & Friday nights (24 - 27 April). The house looked lovely from the drive & the location was stunning. Bobby, her daughter & other members of staff were very friendly & could not do enough for us. We were made to feel very welcome in their home. Breakfast was substantial & well cooked & set in a dining room overlooking fantastic views. Normally I do not stop in B&B's - generally stop in hotels, but this was a wonderful surprise & would happily recommend this place if you wish a tranquil location with stunning views. A charming place with charming people.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had our Wedding Blessing at a nearby church in Ashford-in-the Water followed by a reception and evening party at Cressbrook Hall. My husband and I live in Cheshire so we stayed on the Friday and Saturday night in one of the cottages. As most of our family and friends were travelling quite a distance they took over most of the other cottages on the Saturday night. Our cottage was lovely and as far as I know all my guest were more than happy with their accommodation.

On the Saturday everything went ahead just as planned and everyone commented on how beautiful the setting and the Hall was. The staff at Cressbrook did everything they possibly could for us and our guests. All the little things that I had requested had been taken care of. vegetarians, children, specific wine orders, seating layout, timings, etc., everything was just as I had asked. The food and drink was excellent and the bar prices are exceptionally reasonable for this type of event and venue.

The owner has been superb through all of the problems we had prior to the event (which included a death and being snowed in). In the end, we had a superb weekend with friends and family and everyone seemed extremely happy with everything.

Unfortunately, my photographer hasn't come back with our photos yet or I would have added some to show how beautiful the venue looked - especially as the sun came out for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband & I booked creesbrook BB for a weekend get away, the house is gorgeous and location is beautiful, the only downside was the decor of the bedrooms do not match the Communal area standards. Breakfast room is a lovely setting, the only downside was there was no optional choice on cooked Breakfast. Service could be much better to reflect the price of stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend with a few relatives to celebrate our very small wedding in Bakewell registry office. The house is gorgeous and location is really beautiful. I loved the traditional decor and rooms were really large and lovely. Only downfall of rooms was that they were quite cold, although little heaters were provided. We had a gorgeous bathroom with roll top bath, lovely! The lounge area is stunning with great views and lovely fire which staff kept burning.
I have to say the owner and staff were pleasant but not very accommodating at times. For example breakfast was at a set time which seemed to be to suit them other than us. I requested an earlier breakfast on wedding day so I could have hair done and owner seemed quite inflexible. We were offered a light breakfast which suited us but felt it was quite a hassle. Breakfast was served without asking what everyone wanted which was slightly weird. Again we felt maybe to make it easier for owner/ staff.
We were called 2 days before our booking to say drive was inaccessible due to snow. Of course this is not the fault of the owner but we did feel she didn't want to offer much help with our situation.
If you're looking for a gorgeous house/ rooms for a stay where you'll do your own thing this place is gorgeous. If you're looking for service e.g. Planning a wedding or such then be wary as not the most accommodating of places. You almost have to fit in with them.

• Stayed: March 2013
percelina, Owner at Cressbrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Stayed on the weekend when we experienced the worst weather for 27 years. We telephoned to warn of the appalling road conditions, passable only with 4 w.d.

Our oil delivery had been unable to get through but we had sufficient fuel to heat the guest rooms, we also provided additional heaters and kept the fires burning.

Prior to their visit Lisa telephoned, asked for breakfast at a specific time and indicated her breakfast preferences.

We treated the wedding celebration sensitively and tried to be unobtrusive. The older members of the party expressed their thanks and appreciation.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed here last weekend. We hired a cottage for a few nights. As we entered, we realised the heating was off. After an hour it was still freezing so we called the house. They came down to see to it straight away. It needed a plumber so we kindly got moved to another cottage for same price. It was beautiful. Fantastic location, great views, fully stockd cottage. Staff friendly and very helpful. Great walking for dogs and pub down road.....about 5 mins in car. Had a really nice stay in hidesway cottage. Will stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple