“Disgusting Breakfast, Terrible Value”
Review of Coffee Beans Cafe

Coffee Beans Cafe
Ranked #10 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Buxton
Description: This is a nice little cafe in Buxton in the peak district. They are not part of any of the large 'chain' coffee shops. It was a welcoming place although slightly quaint. This quaintness however was a welcome departure from the plastic perfectness of chain coffee shops. They do a great cream tea and a lovely vanilla slice. Good for the tastebuds but not so good for the waistline! This is a link to their address http://www.qype.co.uk/place/429332-Coffee-Beans-Cafe-Buxton
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We went on a Sunday morning and had two veggies breakfasts, which I am usually use to having a selection of things (such as mushrooms and veggie sausages) however this was literally half a fried tasteless tomato, two pieces of toast and the WORST scrambled egg I have ever tasted, it looked like powder and tasted like.. well powder. Two fizzy cans were extortionate prices especially as we had to ask for glasses and ice and had to wait for them for 10 minutes in to our breakfast. The staff were quite nice but were painstakingly slow and didn't seem bothered. I wish we went anywhere else as we're not from Buxton and only had a few hours left. The place looks like its a nice place to eat from the outside, how deceptive...

There are newer reviews for Coffee Beans Cafe

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Beautiful food well served and lots of it! The staff may struggle to clear tables in time for next customer but this is because the turnover there is so hectic due to the wonderful food and warm and friendly staff. We travel over from Mansfield to enjoy at day at lovely Buxton at every opportunity and always make time for lunch at this smashing little cafe and then are always tempted to take away some delicious cakes baked in store for our tea! The staff here go the extra mile and my lovely smiley waitress always finds me a mug as she knows I struggle to hold a cup. Cant think of a single negative other than the toilet is upstairs. This cafe is well worth a visit, everything is super fresh and cooked to perfection. Be prepared to blow your diet though as the selection of cakes and pastries available to take away are sinfully divine! See you soon girls and I am already drooling at the prospect of a delicious cheese salad with all the lovely fruits and tastes.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch. The cafe is very tired and dated, tables dirty etc. The sit-in menu is a little pricey, we had the chicken and pesto panini at some £5.50 to share and 2 cokes. My glass was filthy and while the panini was nice and had a side salad, it also had about 3 crisps on the side too! The service was very slow and was not with a smile. So much more could be done with a little cafe in Buxton and we joked no wonder the nearby costa and nero were full. I would not eat here again, ok for cakes and pies to take out. Plenty of nicer tea rooms in Buxton im sure.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Myself and my husband visited this cafe today, we only went in for tea and cake but ended up having lunch too, theres so much choice on the menu. Our food and drinks were excellent and the staff were great, fast friendly service. We always try to support local businesses and im definatly glad we did this time, shall return next time we are in buxton.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have lived in Buxton for 25 years and always support local companies.Cafe Costa and Nero have moved into Buxton very close to this café. We do not go into the 2 majors cafes on principle, however went into coffee bean last week we had 2 latte and a cafatiere. the 2 latte were weak and tasteless, my Wife when she poured and put the cup to her mouth it smelt dirty,so she asked for a clean cup. Instead of making a fresh cafatiere the waitress just topped it up with water, it tasted awfull. On leaving and paying the girl said she wouldn't charge for the cafatiere but my wife made conversation with the girl and discovered the had not got a dishwasher downstairs and was just washing all the cups in a sink full of dirty water, no wonder the cup smelt. We don't blame the waitress but for gods sake if your the Owner Do something to improve your dated café or you wont be there much longer. will obviously not be going in again till it improves.