“appalling”

Good for: Child-friendly
Buxton, Derbyshire
“appalling”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just ordered a takeaway which took an hour and a quarter to arrive (they said 45 minutes). Driver couldn't find the house so I went to him and my food was sat on the front passenger seat whilst he was smoking. Needless to say the food was sent back and I phoned to complain. They weren't interested until they had "found out what had gone on", until I threatened to phone environmental health at which point she said she would speak to the driver and would "consider her customer s
ervice". My advice - bad name for Buxton

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank L_1978

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good service and great food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went to the Great Panda for food before seeing a friend's show and greatly enjoyed myself. Definitely hit the spot for a Chinese food craving, the satay chicken skewers being particularly nice. My friend and I over-ordered, but they were only too happy to put the leftovers in some boxes for us to take away. The curry sauce was also lovely for dipping things in, although I don't think I'd have the duck from there again; it was a bit dry. Overall a lovely place with prompt service.

• Visited July 2014
“Great Food, shame about the carpet”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Salt and pepper lamb, salt and pepper squid both superb. Great flavours, quantity more than ample. Duck in pancakes also very good indeed, as were the main courses, both very tasty char sui dishes.

What lets this place down is the badly stained carpets, the tendency for the family to use the restaurant as their family room, regular loud shouting from the kitchen.

Don't let this put you off.

Surprisingly the loos are spotless. I will be back.

“Rudest man in buxton?”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Group of us visited one evening and was greeted by the rudest person I have ever met. He shouted that only mains were available and they were closing soon. Was very curt taking orders and crashed the dishes down when serving them. If we hadn't been in a group I wouldn't have stayed. The place is generally grubby and sticky but the food was surprisingly ok.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank familyaffair2005
Buxton
“Terrible”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having eaten at The Great Panda in Buxton many times before, I was very surprised about how poor this visit was. Ordered 30 minutes before collection designated collection time, baffling that the food still managed to be 15 minutes late, however I do understand that it was a busy nights, nevertheless still poor. However I can't explain how shockingly average the chicken in black bean was, no sauce, poor quality of chicken and with the Panda being one of the most expensive Chinese takeaways in Buxton, we won't be returning. It filled a hole but not a pleasant meal at all, shocking.

• Visited July 2014