“50th Birthday Celebration”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Buxton
“50th Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went this weekend to celebrate a dear friend's 50th birthday....Booked a few of weeks in advance and asked if it would be ok to decorate the table a little as a surprise for the birthday girl....The staff were more than accommodating with this and really didn't mind at all.....To add to this the meal was a resounding success as it always is here.....Been here on quite a few occasions now and the one word I would use is consistency in everything........service, value for money and lovely tasting food.

1 Thank DAWN24Buxton

buxton, derbyshire
“Brilliant all round”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would highly recommend this restaurant, the food is amazing, the warm welcome you get when you visit this restaurant is realy great, and the atmosphere is brilliant. I am having a party here in November because I like it very much and want my friends and family to share this experience with me.

4 Thank suzyq01
Portaferry, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, pleasant and efficient service!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you are a lover of Indian cuisine as I am this place is a must visit! The food quality and presentation is of the highest order. The menu and wide ranging and authentic and there is plethora of sauces offered. Though this restaurant is above a rather drab pub do not be put off. The restaurant is bright and airy and tastefully decorated. The only minor negative is that the restaurant is accessed via a spiral staircase which could present difficulty for the less mobile or those suffering from vertigo which I do myself. The best compliment I can pay is that I will be back notwithstanding and gladly climb those steps to further explore the menu!

3 Thank pjh1939
derbys
“Wish we had come here sooner....”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We used to use Imani before it moved to the Bulls Head. We did not try it as we stayed with Amani who took over but sadly has since closed down. We tried other places in Buxton and we were becoming more and more disillusioned with the food. ( Tikka Villa takeaway being by far the worst) Driving past the Bulls Head we decided to try it.
We did not choose starters and opted for a few poppadoms, these were not so good, very soft and an uninspiring pickle choice. This was mentioned to the waiter who quickly brought us replacements.
The main meals of Prawn madras, Vegetable Sagwalla and sides of Ghobi bhaji and a Tarka Dhall were tasty, well cooked and very enjoyable. The portions were plentiful, not greasy or salty.
The choice of beers from the pub bar is not so great, no Kingfisher or Cobra just Carling lager.

We are very pleased that this Restaurant met and indeed exceeded our expectations. Having wasted money on inferior restaurants recently we will make sure we use Imani from now on.

One point, if you are not good with stairs then beware, this has a steep spiral staircase to climb to get to the Restaurant but it did seem possible to sit in the bar /waiting area at the bottom.

1 Thank chasrabbit
Buxton, United Kingdom
“sunday buffet”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

my wife and i have been to this restaurant for a sunday buffet on several occasions . it is excellent value for money at £9 95 you can eat as much as you like and it is always very tasty and freshly made the place is spotlessly clean the staff are very friendly and we always leave very satisfied indeed i can fully recommend this place to all my friends its a little jem a big thanks to all the staff for being very friendly and the lovely food

• Visited June 2014