“Very cool”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went in after a show in the arts centre and we were very glad we found this place this is how a bar should be run! Great friendly staff lovely cocktails and beer. Apparently they will do one off cocktails to your taste and they let me taste one of the beers I fancied but hadn't tried before. All In all one of the best bars I've ever been in .....Superb!!!!

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always amazing”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my second time visiting monk - the first was during my hen weekend, and this time was for my birthday. I love this bar - the environment is cosy yet eclectic (every seat and table is different!) the cocktails on offer were amazing, the staff are always wonderful and welcoming; and when you see the skill and art that goes into making them, you see how reasonable the cost is. I have and will always look for an excuse to stay in buxton just so I can visit this bar.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ria O
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Coffee with mama”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We visited this bar after reading reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed the bar tender made us several cocktails the best one being his own invention 'coffee with mama' after asking what spirit and flavours we liked.
Nice atmosphere friendly modern and quirky.
Highly recommend a visit if you are in Buxton.

Visited May 2014
perth, west oz
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Lovely space and concept!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We also happened upon this place, just left a vintage fair in the Dome and saw a sign about selling 'proper coffee' and we're quite partial to a good coffee! Lovely chap behind the bar, made us a delicious coffee and cheese platter to share and plenty of lemon water to wash it all down, if it wasn't so early in the day, we definitely would've sat longer for a few bevvies, but had to leave unfortunately! We were so comfortable sitting in the front,watching the world go by! Lovely space, ambience, service. Upon leaving we were offered a bag of coffee beans to take home to Australia, have used them since getting back & it was a really delicious blend! Wishing the brothers a great deal of luck, they deserve it! Recommend!

2 Thank budgetbudge
Leeds, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“a fab find”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

opposite the palace hotel, stumbled on this by accident, so glad we did. An amazing range of cocktails and not your usual "sex on the beach" stuff...asked the bloke behind the bar for something sharp and vodkary and thats just what I got. And you need to try the smoke in a decanter cocktail, just for the taste and the experience of how its made...im saying no more!

Visited April 2014