“Monk bar”
Review of Monk Cocktail Bar

Monk Cocktail Bar
Ranked #2 of 11 Nightlife in Buxton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Often visit when in Buxton , never fails to impress with the fabulous cocktails . Great environment , professional staff . Always worth a visit

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stylish place whose friendly staff make mean amaretto sours. You could wile away hours here...Close to the Opera House for a pre or post show tipple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went in after a show in the arts centre and we were very glad we found this place this is how a bar should be run! Great friendly staff lovely cocktails and beer. Apparently they will do one off cocktails to your taste and they let me taste one of the beers I fancied but hadn't tried before. All In all one of the best bars I've ever been in .....Superb!!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my second time visiting monk - the first was during my hen weekend, and this time was for my birthday. I love this bar - the environment is cosy yet eclectic (every seat and table is different!) the cocktails on offer were amazing, the staff are always wonderful and welcoming; and when you see the skill and art that goes into making them, you see how reasonable the cost is. I have and will always look for an excuse to stay in buxton just so I can visit this bar.

1  Thank Ria O
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited this bar after reading reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed the bar tender made us several cocktails the best one being his own invention 'coffee with mama' after asking what spirit and flavours we liked.
Nice atmosphere friendly modern and quirky.
Highly recommend a visit if you are in Buxton.