“Delightful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Discover Buxton Tours

Discover Buxton Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Buxton
More attraction details
Owner description: Heritage tour company showcasing the history and architecture of this magnificent spa town.Tours can be taken aboard the newly converted Victorian "tram" called The Wonder of the Peak.The tram is very special and can only carry 8 people so pre booking is recommended. We also offer guided walking tours,geology tours and Mary Queen of Scots tours.Featured on TV and radio.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We came across the Wonder of the Peaks on leaving the Pavilion Gardens and thought it would be a good idea to do the tour to find out a bit more about Buxton. What a delight! The guide was excellent (I'm afraid I can't remember his name, but he had a lovely Tyneside accent), very knowledgeable and humourous.

We were able to go into St Anne's church and the Devonshire Dome, which we would no doubt have missed if we'd just wandered aimlessly.

Excellent value for money.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked this tour as a Fathers day present for my 93 year old father. Not only did they offer to pick us up from our hotel (Lee Wood) but they gave us a great trip. We were very impressed by the tour guide's knowledge, and the stops were just right. Thank you Netta for your email communications, we can heartily recommend the tour.

Liverpool, Merseyside
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Novel transport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Well worth taking the tour of Buxton - it was fascinating. Our guide's knowledge and enthusiasm added so much more to the trip.
Thank you.

York, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“What a lovely way to spend a delightful hour in Buxton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience! I was so excited when I saw the little red tram I just had to have a ride on her :) We saw parts of Buxton that we wouldn't have discovered on our own, like the university dome which we were able to view inside, which was awesome and an unexpected treat.The whole experience was a real joy and made so especially because of the 'quirky' driver (in a sweet way) who was so incredibly knowledgeable about the town. He was lovely! I would thoroughly recommend a trip on the tram (a converted milk float) to anyone visiting Buxton, which is a pretty town just like a miniature Bath. It was only £6 each for an hour and well worth the money. I would thoroughly recommend.

england
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you visit Buxton please take time to go on the Buxton Tram the drivers are informative and very entertaining and it was a great experience. I hope in future that Buxton have more of these trams available in the summer months.

Visited May 2014