“Excellent”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Buxton
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our first time here, and we will be coming back. They are kid friendly as well. I had the pulled pork which was very nice. My husband had the club sandwich which he said was brill. My son had the sausage bap and he enjoyed that to. We also had pudding which again was very nice thank you.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Hayley F

Newcastle, England
“Great beer, great food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We popped in here to shelter from the rain and grab a drink and ended up staying for food and several drinks! Excellent choice of beers and the food was really very very good (the big bad wolf was awesome and the garlic and chilli mac and cheese was seriously delicious). The setting feels a bit more like a cafe than a pub but the food and choice of drinks made up for that and the staff were super friendly too.

“Quick pint and dinner...great”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a spot of luch while the other half was shopping. First time of coming in since the menu has changed and there's a little more choice now. I was impressed. Food is hot and tasty. The bread they use is also excellent. Beer is as good as usual. I'm sometimes a hard person to please, but this was great. My only (slight) gripe was that it took a while for food to arrive, but I put this down to it being a saturday lumchtime whih can always be busy.

Buxton
“Average”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here with a few friends and the place was quiet with two bar staff working. We struggled to find a drink we actually liked. Ordered our food at the bar, ate it and sat with our plates on the table for a further half an hour after we had finished. Food was ok, nothing special. When leaving the two bar staff were chatting at the end of the bar and neither of them said bye, thankyou or anything. Quite dissapointed

1 Thank BenjaminBuxton
Jade R, General Manager at Buxton Tap House, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Hi Benjamin

Thank you for your comments. I can only apologise for the delay in clearing your table on the day you came to visit us, and for the otherwise occupied bat staff that were working.

We would love to welcome you back and show you the kind of service that we are proud of.
Kind regards,
Jade
Buxton, United Kingdom
“I just don't get it...”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have visited the Tap House several times since it opened, not because I particularly like it, but because of its location and size; if there's a group of you it seems to make sense. That's the good bit. Last ime I visited was with a group of blokes all of whom are beer drinkers - you'd think a brewery tap would be great, but we were all drinking spirits because not one of us likes any of Buxton Brewery's beer! I've been here quite a few times and each time try a different bee,, but I jaut don't get it - I've never had a nice one.

I have eaten here twice and the food is very fashionable American (smokehouse, pulled pork etc) but nothing exceptional. What will they do when its not fashionable any more?

Service is casual and when they're busy, quite poor; the staff don't seem that engaged or on the ball.

In summary, its the location that makes this place in my view and when the Crescent is finished they will clean up, but not because of anything they're doing; shame really because the potential is huge.

• Visited July 2014