9 Green Lane
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshomemade breadb bvegan breakfastvisiting locallovely housebreakfast was excellentoff road parkingcooked to orderwithin walking distancelittle extrashigh streetfull englishopera housetown centrelovely toiletriesminute strollyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I had read the positive reviews about this B&B and I was looking forward to staying there- and I wasn't disappointed. It was the best B&B experience I've ever had. Greeted at the door with a warm and friendly welcome my heavy bag was carried upstairs for me to my lovely room. It was comfortable, beautifully decorated, quiet, warm and clean, with a variety of refreshments available, and a great complimentary toiletries pack. There was a lovely ambiance about the whole house. I simply can't fault it.
I arrived alone but several friends were staying there for the same night. I had the chance to choose my breakfast menu the night before, and choose the time I wanted to eat, so my friends and I had the chance to eat together the following morning. The breakfast was marvellous, freshly cooked and delicious with plenty of choice- fresh fruit, yoghurts, homemade bread and jams, with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The B&B is about 15 minutes walk from the station, but is also near a bus route. It is near Old Buxton so is within an easy 3 minute walk of a variety of local shops, useful if you were staying for a longer holiday.
I do hope I get the chance to stay at this B&B again, and I would recommend it to everyone. Treat yourself because you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DemeraraBiscuitz
Reviewed 10 April 2013

So often we take the easy option of a chain hotel like a Premier Inn but having stayed at 9 Green Lane it does make you realise some of the little gems the chain hotels make you miss out on.

From the minute the door opened I knew I would enjoy our stay at this lovely early 20th century house. The ceilings were high, the décor tasteful and our room very comfortable. Tea/Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Horlicks were available as refreshments which we were very grateful of after our long journey from South Wales to the Peak District. The bathroom was modern, plenty of hot water and the added bonus of a lovely bag of toiletries for our use and lovely towels. Everything was spotlessly clean, the bed had a very comfortable memory foam topper and there was a new wide screen TV in the room. We also found a hairdryer in the drawer, if I had known I wouldn't have carted my own along.

Our hosts were polite, friendly, informative yet non intrusive. The breakfast was wonderful, I just wish I had a better appetite early in the morning. The food was freshly prepared, fresh coffee available and beautiful home baked bread and home made jams.

There was parking for around 6 cars which appeared to be perfectly ample. There was also on street parking just outside so parking would not be a problem at all.

The purpose of our visit was to explore the Peak District and attend a concert at the Buxton Opera House. Buxton is well situated to explore the Peak District and this B and B was about a 15 minute walk to the theatre. Will definitely stay here again the next time we visit the area.

Room Tip: We were in Room 2 an ample sized double room. My friend was in Room 3, this was a bigger twin room with a larger bathroom. Both rooms were excellent but Room 3 was larger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annime
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Fab B&B that I wouldn't have found without local recommendation of wedding host - really pleased to have stumbled on this lovely place, can't fault it. Lovely room - cosy, spotless, nicely decorated and furnished, hosts spot on - friendly and attentive but not over bearing being a guest in their lovely house, ace breakfast - all great quality and very well prepared, efficient booking, good parking, great location, great price - highly recommended!

Room Tip: I had single room No 5 and it was just right - could even sleep with the big sash window open and breathe in that fresh Peaks air :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night at this B & B and have to say it was faultless. The rooms were clean and comfortable and whole house decorated beautifully, internet pictures do not it justice. The breakfast was high quality with good variety of cereals, fruits and homemade jams/marmelades. The hosts were most friendly and welcoming. We highly recommend this accomodation, you will not be dissapointed. We will certainly be going back

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank kc_8791
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Clean, warm, comfortable bedroom. Good drinks tray with complimentary Buxton water.
We slept very well and heard nothing during the night, so rooms must be well insulated.
Car Park is to the front of the property so it felt secure.
The breakfast was exceptional. On offer was fresh, ripe and delicious fruit, cereals and yoghurt. The cooked breakfast was one of the best we have had, all of it cooked to perfection. The home made bread and preserves were also excellent, in particular the rhubarb and ginger..
Coffee was fresh and plentiful and we were asked if we wanted more of anything..
Hosts were very helpful, friendly and generous.
The location was just a 10 minute walk from the Opera House which was the reason for our visit to Buxton, which is an amazing victorian town with impressive architecture and warm friendly pubs..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple