“Highly Recommended”
Review of 9 Green Lane

9 Green Lane
Ranked #10 of 39 Buxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stay here whenever I go to Buxton. It is ideally situated in a very quiet, leafy road 10 minutes walk from the town centre. It is spotless and beautifully furnished and the rooms well equipped. The breakfasts are excellent and I particularly recommend the varied selection of home cooked preserves. I cannot recommend 9 Green Lane highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had booked a single but was upgraded to a double at no extra cost which was great. Lovely house in an ideal location, near centre but quiet. The hosts where very friendly and helpful and the breakfast, including home-made jams and bread was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just returned home from a stay at 9 Green Lane.
I can't fault this place at all. Lovely hosts, friendly and informative. Very comfy beds and spacious rooms. Bathrooms so clean they sparkled! Very tasty breakfast with lots of choice.They even have a lovely friendly cat!
If I am going to stay in Buxton again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lozzer100
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed here on a weekend break and after a thoroughly enjoyable stay we'd recommend this place highly.

Friendly, welcoming hosts, superior rooms and one of the finest breakfasts we've ever had (home made bread, a selection of jams and a fantastic range of veggie options) all make 9 Green Lane one of the finest B&Bs we've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Really excellent bed and breakfast, and I'm extremely fussy about these things. The hosts must be used to staying in good hotels as they have tried really hard to provide all the little extras you would find in a luxury hotel. They are very helpful, but not overly intrusive. The place is completely spotless (completely!). I have no idea how you can get a glass shower screen so clean, it's a mystery to me. The bedding and toiletries are very good quality. The cooked breakfast was delicious. Very grateful to get decent vegetarian sausages. All served quickly and efficiently. The single room is very small, but it doesn't really matter if you expect to be out most of the day. It is 'perfectly formed' and has everything you need so it is still very cosy and comfortable. The only remotely negative thing is that the toilet had a 'lazy' flush but it didn't really matter. Also one mile away from Poole Cavern and the start of a walking path up to Soloman's Temple. I unexpectedly found myself hiking up to an awesome viewpoint over buxton, when I thought I was only out for an evening stroll. Would recommend without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

How someone can write a review when they didn't even stay there amazes me!!! Take no notice whatsoever of the review below. This is the most wonderful B&B in a lovely location on a quiet road. Our room overlooked the front garden and was large enough for the other couple we were with to join us one evening.. and play Rummikub at the table! Everywhere was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. .... but the breakfast made it a stay with a difference. There was home made bread and also a row of jars of marmalades and jams.. all homemade. The scrambled egg and smoked salmon was freshly cooked and delicious. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I had read the positive reviews about this B&B and I was looking forward to staying there- and I wasn't disappointed. It was the best B&B experience I've ever had. Greeted at the door with a warm and friendly welcome my heavy bag was carried upstairs for me to my lovely room. It was comfortable, beautifully decorated, quiet, warm and clean, with a variety of refreshments available, and a great complimentary toiletries pack. There was a lovely ambiance about the whole house. I simply can't fault it.
I arrived alone but several friends were staying there for the same night. I had the chance to choose my breakfast menu the night before, and choose the time I wanted to eat, so my friends and I had the chance to eat together the following morning. The breakfast was marvellous, freshly cooked and delicious with plenty of choice- fresh fruit, yoghurts, homemade bread and jams, with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The B&B is about 15 minutes walk from the station, but is also near a bus route. It is near Old Buxton so is within an easy 3 minute walk of a variety of local shops, useful if you were staying for a longer holiday.
I do hope I get the chance to stay at this B&B again, and I would recommend it to everyone. Treat yourself because you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends