“Lovely guesthouse, lovely owner.”

Ash Corner Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Ash Corner Guest House
Ranked #21 of 40 Buxton B&B and Inns
“Lovely guesthouse, lovely owner.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My boyfriend and I travel to Buxton regularly from Belfast and our favourite place to stay is with Sue at Ash Corner Guesthouse. The rooms are always emmaculate, with essentials all avaliable in the rooms, such as hairdryer, tea, coffee and even little biscuits! The full english breakfast in the morning is always great with fresh produce and there is even a choice of cereals avaliable too! Can't wait to come and stay with Sue again! <3

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the second Sue greets you to the momment you leave you will be overwelmed by her friendliness and sense of fun....a sparkling lady. The rooms are very clean and the decor is great. Breakfast is really good and the whole experience is a pleasure. Someone has stated that the town is 10 mins away well they must walk slow I would say 2 mins to the square. I stayed with my wife and later alone whilst on business in Buxton and I can say that I would have stayed forever if she would have put up with me. Sue you deserve to be fully booked every night for every day of the year, except Christmas day, everybody needs a day off. Well done, will be along again in September.

Room Tip: Just go ....you will not be disapointed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith W
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Buxton for the first time to go to the opera and stayed with Sue for one night. From the moment we arrived it was a terrific experience. Sue's welcome was warm and within minutes you feel like you've been going for years. Our room was well appointed and freshly decorated. The room and the ensuite bathroom were clean, fresh and very comfortable. As was the bed !

Breakfast the following morning was generous and tasty with plenty of juice, cereals, toast and coffee to complement Sue's full English breakfast.

In terms of location the Guest House is in the centre of town and about 10 minutes walk from the opera house. It's a great location and we had no trouble parking.

It was our first visit to Buxton and won't be our last. I can't imagine staying anywhere else for future visits.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Quorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Me, my husband and twin boys stayed over for the night, sue pulled out all the stops and made our stay very enjoyable, the room was clean and the bed was comfy, the breakfast was fantastic!! we will definitely be staying here again in future :)

• Stayed June 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Situated in a quiet residential area. Backs onto a beer garden. Was a bit dismayed when I first saw it but although the pub stays open the garden shuts quite early so no-one loses any sleep.
Stayed one night to enable a visit to Buxton Opera House to see a concert and didn't fancy a late night hour long drive home. Fitted the bill perfectly. Nice little b and b on the outskirts of town well within walking distance so had a pint after the concert and didn't have to worry about the drive back to the room.
Not much to say, the room, facilities and breakfast were all quite adequate although no Wi-Fi.
Would use again and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I thought I had already left a 2nd review but have just realised that I hadn't - sorry Sue.

This time we were visiting the Opera House so asked Sue if she could fit us in and she did. Sue was very attentive once again and we enjoyed our visit yet again.

This time we could not believe the difference 6 months made to the real ale trail. Last time we were disappointed but now the pubs had been revamped and we were spoilt for choice.

We have just booked the Opera House again and will be ringing Sue to see if she can fit us in - if not we will be disappointed...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We were a bit late getting into Buxton and on a motorbike. I trusted the universe to find me somewhere nice, and secure for the bike too - we soon got that sorted. Sue welcomed us straight away and the rest just fell into place. Lovely room, immaculately clean and lots of homely touches.
Breakfast was spot on.
What a lovely find - thanks Sue.

Stayed June 2014