Ash Corner Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$167
US$101
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome from homeb bpay display car parkwarm welcomefeather pillowsmain towngreat hostsone nightclean tidyopera housetea coffee making facilitiessingle bedcomfy bedshort walkpoole's cavernbreakfast was amazingfeel very welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2008

Yes this guest house suited our needs 1 night
Room small, clean, adequate facilities
Food good
Location good, central
Price more than expected

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank paddyDerby
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Have just returned from our second stay with Susie at the Ash Corner. We stayed last Easter when visiting relatives and were so impressed last year booked again when visited relatives this July. Susie is a wonderful landlady and will always go out of her way to make everyone feel at home. We have stayed in different rooms on both occasions are both rooms were equally clean, fresh and very well dressed to make you feel at home. I must also add that there is something about her beds which make you want to stay in them, which was just as well on this visit as it rained non stop. As usual breakfast was available as and when we wanted it and hot and quickly delivered to the table. The guest house is well appointed to be close enough to all the evening entertainments as well as buses and taxis if wish to go further afield in the evening or throughout the day. Would highly recommend a stay with Susie if you are planning a visit to Buxton. Thanks again Susie for a warm welcome and a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 June 2008

I was prompted to write this review after staying in this accommodation as a result of reading the 1 review on it.
Yes we enjoyed our stay, but for £60 for 1 night in a compact double room, my husband and I would not have rated this guest house so highly, our reasons being * the compact bedroom * the compact bath towels * en suite bathroom needed some attention.
Yes, there were good points to our stay, its central location, owner's friendliness, very good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2007

I have stayed here with my partner several times, so I thought I would write a review, this is a guest house in Buxton, spa town in Derbyshire.
The guest house is in a fantastic position, right near the centre and a stumble away from the pubs, try the swan with its warm fire or the cheshire cheese for live music.
The rooms are always warm and the beds are lovely, the owners make sure you are comfy, definately the best beds we have had in a guest houese, or hotel.
Room rates are very good aswell, it can vary but on average £50-£60 a night.
Breakfast is lovely, with proper baked bread for the toast and delicious preserves. Also well presented. I didnt have English Breakfast but other guests bacon and eggs etc looked and smelled great.
Nothing is any trouble for the owners, even found he had slipped me some anti-acid tablets under the door when we got in after an evening out as when we bumped into him in the Swan and I mentioned I had heartburn. !
We have been to this guest house 3 times. Highly reccomended. They have a website too.
Buxton itself is lovely, lots of antique type shops to browse. and walks to go on.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple