“Wonderful!”

Ranked #15 of 39 Buxton B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Braemar at the end of August. Marie and Roger were extremely welcoming and knowledgeable of the local area. The room was decorated and furnished to a very high standard (The room was also very clean!). The breakfast, a choice of hot and cold was lovely and the hospitality was second to none! I would highly recommend this guest house to everyone, as its extremely well priced, set in the beautiful town of Buxton and I can guarantee that you would extremely satisfied with your stay

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at the start of August and travelled from cornwall. Being from a beautiful part of the country and both working in the hospitality trade we can be hard to please. Braemar surpassed our expectations.

We were attending a family wedding but had a bit of time to see the area as well. Although we didnt meet Marie, Roger was very welcoming and knowledgable of the local area. The young girl who served our breakfast was also lovely and showed an interest in our daily plans.

Our room was clean and serviced everyday. Nothing was too much trouble which was proved when I asked for an iron during breakfast. An iron and ironing board was waiting outside our door when we returned to it.

We have both fallen in love with the peak district and are hoping to return to Braemar when we venture north again. There is so much to see but we didnt have the time to do it all.

• Stayed August 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were very impressed with Braemar from it's lovely breakfasts, both hot and cold, to it's beautiful rooms that are very clean, with an en suite and good quality showers (very important to me!)
A very relaxing and quiet place, with a pretty dining room.
Both Marie and Roger were very welcoming and warm towards us, and were very knowledgable about the interesting little town of Buxton.
Lovely weekend, and will be visiting again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Myself and six friends and family have just spent a long weekend at this Guest House,It is by far the best B&B experience we have ever had, quiet and relaxing rooms and peacefull dining room , all complimented by great breakfasts either hot or cold choices to choose from .
We were all very impressed and got the feeling we were well looked after . Will certainly be back .
Many Thanks Caroline and Maria for your courteous attention in the dining room, and of course Roger for his knowledge of the many walks and locations in this delightful area of the Peak Park.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed in the Braemar guest house mid July for both my birthday and to visit friends who were visiting the area. Being new to Buxton I was a little unsure of the attractions in the local area, however Roger and Marie made me feel incredibly welcome in their home. The room I had was exceptional; very clean and comfortable, ensuring I had a great nights sleep, and was treated to a hearty breakfast each morning (the breakfasts here are to die for). Roger's knowledge of the local area was second to none and gave me lots of tips regarding places to see, things to do and restaurants to eat at. They had wi-fi and honestly, nothing seemed too much trouble for them. If I ever find myself back in the area, I would not hesitate to see if there is room available at the Braemar!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Stafford
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We were very impressed with this guest house and we enjoyed our 6 night stay.
The room was very comfortable with a king size bed.
All necessary toiletries etc were provided as well as adequate supplies of tea and coffee. The breakfast was excellent.
This guest house is close to the bus terminus and there are excellent bus services to many places
I am sure that we will be visiting again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles H
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My son and I have stayed at Braemar on many occasions over the past few years and have always received a very warm welcome from Roger and Marie. Our most recent stay in June was no exception. Apart from the convenience of Braemar's locality to the centre of Buxton, Roger always provides in depth knowledge of sights we can visit and activities he has tried and can recommend; we have never been disappointed yet! The room is always very clean and comfortable and Jack always looks forward to eating his complimentary chocolate biscuit at the end of the each day! Similarly, our breakfasts are always well prepared and provide ample sustenance for our busy days. We love the personal touch with the photographs of the local area and Marie's skillful drawings...neither of us can wait to return!

Room Tip: Jack and I have always appreciated Room 2 with its quiet ambience and excellent en suite facilities.