“Lovely meal”

Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Simply Thai Restaurant, Buxton, opened in 2004 and our main aim was to bring you an authentic taste of Thailand in a Thai-inspired surrounding, along with the famous Thai hospitality by our attentive and charming Thai staff.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here last night, very busy restaurant . Had a gluten free menu also which was good.
Food was delicious. Also very reasonably priced!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had to go later than hoped as full before. Nice welcome and quickly to table. Chose a set meal for 2 and all was fresh and flavoursome. The helpful waitress checked (warned?) whether we both wanted the spicy soup. No problem having 1 hot, 1 fairly hot. Rest of meal was well balanced and portions sensible given that the set meal had 2 courses before the main.
Nice ambience, charming staff, good food. Sorted.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

my boyfriend and i enjoyed a wonderful meal here for our 2 year anniversary. we ordered loads of different dishes and shared everything. the only down fall to the experience was the waitor we had - he was not very attentive.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Warm Thai welcome from the staff each time we visited during our holiday. Relaxing atmosphere and consistently high quality food served promptly even when the restaurant was busy. Best to reserve a table as it is very popular, but they will do their utmost to accommodate you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'd eaten here previously on two occasions, but not for over a year or more, and the food then was just OK. The lunch I had there this week on a day trip to Buxton was not just OK, in fact it was just poor.

I had gang jeud tofu to start, a glass noodle soup, with vegetables and tofu in non-descript broth. The dish had no discernible aroma when it arrived, and little flavour, which only became apparent when I got down to the glass noodles. The bowl it was served in was too small and I've had far better elsewhere.

The 'marinated' sweetcorn cake were just dreadful, four over thick lukewarm slabs of soggy batter, and very little in terms of sweetcorn. Easily the worst I've had anywhere, far too much batter, and probably placed in the oil long before it was hot enough.

The larb tofu was a disaster and once the chiili had died down I was left with an awful taste of oil in my mouth for several hours later. This was advertised as crispy bean curd and mushroom salad, flavoured with ground pan-tossed rice, chilli powder, shallots, lime juice and mint leaves.

I beg to diiffer, there was not a single mushroom anywhere in the dish, or pan tossed rice, lime juice, or any sign or taste of mint or mint leaves whatsoever. The dish consisted of some crispy beancurd placed on a salad consisting of chopped lettuce, some red onion, two small pieces of carrot, chilli, and a sprig of coriander on top? No evidence of lime, rice, mushrooms or mint. A very poor lunch, and I'm in no rush to return. And service just consisted of placing the food on the table and taking away the empty plates when new food arrived.