“Kate's Hen Weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BOOK HERE”
Reviewed 17 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

A large group of us stayed for New Year’s Eve arriving on 30th December. The short version is .... the property was FILTHY! This included, soiled toliets - with faeces and blood, exposed wires and mouse droppings.
Owners would not answer the phone and still will not. One family had to evacuate do to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
We booked the Manor House, and other ‘apartment’ also..... these were the same. We are currently awaiting a response.
I personally sat down on the sofa whilst holding my baby niece only to have my coat covered in something that 2 lots of dry cleaning has not removed!
Save your money and book elsewhere.

dianaecav...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Beware”
Reviewed 13 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

The location is amazing.
First of all We had great difficulty getting in touch with them by phone and by email to book and to pay.
The booking was for exclusive use of the Manor farm and cottages as we are friends and family who wished to spend New Year together.
The company comes under the umbrella with a few companies. I left messages with one of the companies Hillmott Fitness who told me that they would get someone to get in touch with me, they didn't. When I asked for the caretaker there they told me no such person was employed by them.
The directions to the farm are reasonable until the last turn off which is not the direction that they're saying but the opposite direction.
Upon arrival we found the house and cottages dirty, damp and cold as if they hadn't been occupied for awhile and with numerous items not working or dirty.
There were mouse droppings in the cottages. There were dead flies everywhere and even a snail crawling up the lounge wall in the big house. Broken glass was found at the bottom of the dishwasher before we had even used it and no mop, bucket etc was left out for us to use. Some of the toilets were dirty and the pots and pans in the kitchen left a lot to be desired and needed cleaning.
The wall of my bedroom was very very damp and for the first night the radiator was stone cold.
Showers were lukewarm at best and cold at worst.
The caretaker who does not live on site now but lives half an hour away came and said he would get the problems sorted. He did come to try and sort things out but nothing was accomplished. We were told that he had checked on the cleaners but if he did it wasn't a very good check.
In the middle of the first night the occupants of one of the cottages had to move over to the big house because the CO2 detector was sounding an alarm and the emergency services had to be called.
The plumber was called the next day and he sorted that problem out.
The roof in the small lean to/conservatory leaks and there is no door lock from it into the dining kitchen.
Many of the bulbs in the main lights and in the lamps were not working and needed replacing. Also many of the windows up and downstairs do not lock as at some point they have been broken.
On the first day the big industrial dustbin was blown over by the high winds with all the previous occupants rubbish blowing all over. The care taker did pick up the bin but not the rubbish. I did a lot of the litter picking with my stick.

After 2nd January when all the others had gone home I stayed on for another three days that I had pre-booked and when booking I was led to believe that some of the cottages would be occupied, only to find out that I was there all on my own in the middle of fields in the winter and the house was not secure.
The letting company knew I was there on my own and not once did anyone call or call me to see if I was okay. I got in touch with them at one point to tell them that the television wasn't working and was assured that they would send someone to see to it. They didn't.
Before I left I cleaned all the rooms and photographed them and as no one was there to take the key from me I put it through the letterbox and haven't been contacted since despite having tried to get hold of them by email and phone.

So NO I would not recommend this accommodation for anyone to book until it has had major refurbishment.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
BerryNort...
North London
“Not all we expected”
Reviewed 6 August 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We hired this house for a family reunion - the weather wasn't great but we were happy with the location etc. We pulled the "short straw" and stayed in Swifts Retreat. The staircase up to it in the rain and wind was not great - we had quite a few "gripes" with this flat - plug was stuck in bathroom sink, light not working in 2nd bedroom, door wouldn't close in main bedroom to name a few. I did send an e-mail to the owners shortly afterwards and would have been satisfied with an apology but none came. I sent a further e-mail but still no reply so was quite disappointed - hence this review. I would add that in the other cottages there was a spiral wrought iron staircase which is quite dangerous for kids.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Cathym102...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Kate's Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We rented this property (main House & 2 bed cottage) for my daughters hen weekend, 18 of us in total. We couldn't have had a better time, the property was perfect for us the bedrooms were all large & comfortable, large bathrooms most with bath & shower. The kitchen well equipped nice big fridge for chilling the fizz! Dining area & lounge all perfect to for our 'hen games' & dancing. Large warm indoor pool & games room all set in beautiful countryside with Buxton just a 15 min drive away.
We were welcomed on arrival & then left to enjoy ourselves which we certainly did - partying until the early hours both nights!! An unplanned helicopter ride on Saturday afternoon & a chef arranged to cook for us on Saturday evening (food was excellent) we had an amazing weekend. Many thanks to Josh & Laura who were nearby if we needed them & allowed us a later check out on Sunday. Would love to return for another occasion.

Nathan W
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Could be so much better.”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

BEWARE: This property is managed by an onsite caretaker and house keeper. This was not made clear from any of the paperwork or discussions with the rental company before our stay. Although friendly we felt very stifled by them being on site.

Every year we choose a large cottage for all our friends to get together for a celebration and as a large group (therefore potentially quite noisy) specifically choose a cottage where we don’t have any other people on site or nearby neighbours where we can disturb anybody. We were therefore quite surprised to be met by the caretaker and house keeper to ‘briefed’ on how to use the house.

As all adults within our 30’s we felt very mothered during our stay. We have been on many cottage holidays for many years and not had to have a care taker on site. There were a few occasions when we went out for a walk or a run and we needed to tell the care taker where we were going!

At just after 11pm on the Saturday night we got asked to keep the noise down, because if we didn’t we would be breaking the agreement of the terms and conditions. Having looked at the T&Cs when we returned we noticed no clause to state that noise must be kept to a minimum after a certain time. Within the group there is a baby under the age of 1 who was sleeping closer to the property than the care taker and house keeper, needless to say that the baby wasn’t disturbed by the noise.

The cottage was very well situated within the heart of the Peak District, but doesn’t appear to be in the same condition as when the website or owners photos were taken. There were a number of places where the property was showing damp in the main building games room smaller properties, there was no locks on some of the shared bathroom doors and ceiling damage with exposed wires (see images)

Before we arrived we had trouble trying to pay the security deposit. We were told that someone from the office would be calling us to take payment when nobody called we rang, emailed and left voicemails and just before our stay were told via email that we hadn't paid! we rang again and the phone line was always going to voicemail. when we emailed the office back to tell them this they said they were having issues with the phones. We paid the security deposit on route to the cottage over the phone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CareySchn...
Bedar, Spain
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I booked the whole venue for my family who all came over from Spain to spend my mothers birthday together.

The cleaner was unfriendly and rude but I was told by the owner she was being replaced as of August. Aside from that I cannot recommend it enough. What an incredible view from the terraces and the bedrooms and bathrooms were all brilliant sizes.

The main kitchen in the Manor House was ideal for our large family

We have already booked it for Easter

Can't wait! Thanks again!

Ceili L
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I rented this property over the summer for my family and friends. It was a brilliant experience from start to finish. The booking was simple and the staff were great!

The grounds are beautiful with lots to do including a swimming pool and games room for the children. We had the best time and would recommend this company to anyone.

Looking forward to going back in the near future!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing