“one night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Exeter, United Kingdom
“one night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

stayed at the campanile on route to a wedding we arrived late after 10-30pm. I was pleasantly surprised with the room it was very clean, with extra pillows (as I like 3 pillows for myself) the bed was really comfortable. I liked the mini hall effect in the room which meant you didn't open the door straight into the room as the hotel is a chalet type & we were on the ground floor I felt safe & secure. Yes there was a bit of noise from people coming back from a night out but you get that at any hotel & it subsided quickly. We were close to the main road A127 but did not hear the traffic. There was good tea & coffee making facilities, the shower was hot and the tv was good. It also has free WiFi. Good parking. All in all a very good experience.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room if you don't want the noise of people walking to their rooms late at nig...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I am a frequent business traveller although I haven't been to Basildon before. Decided to be a bit different and book a week at the Campanile, read the reviews on here and became a bit worried.

Firstly the positives - the staff are very good and do deserve some thanks. I received a heartfelt apology for the noise (which the staff did try and stop) and I found everyone to be friendly, welcoming and - although not totally professional - they made me feel welcome and at home.

The rooms are relatively basic and a bit tired but I found my room to be clean and it had everything I needed and the bed was surprisingly comfortable - I don't normally sleep well when away from home.

Unfortunately this hotel is not always used by people who really need a decent nights sleep for work the next day - I had one night of loud and drunken chatter and shouting until around about 2:30am. The night porter did try to shut them up but it was a bit of a lost cause.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was the first time i have stayed at a hotel with my dog and i was a little nervous about possible rules etc but i was pleasantly surprised because for £5 per night my dog was able to stay with us in a comfortable, motel style room (direct access to the grounds and secure car park). I was happy that the room was clean, basic and away from the reception area. It didn't feel at all restrictive as i had imagined. Day and night staff were helpful and friendly, the continental breakfast was plentiful and i would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helen381
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, friendly welcome and clean and comfortable room. Basic but everything worked, television in a good position and the breakfast in the morning was good. The rate was excellent compared with the other budget hotels in the locality and the American style accommodation felt safe and secure. Only issue was no hair dryer in room but available from reception

• Stayed May 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel, I normally stay in the hotels in Festival Park, but no more. Although this hotel is basic, I was really impressed with the check in and welcome that I got. The hotel is similar to a motel with two floors. The rooms are basic but clean, the decoration is in need of a little upgrade. There is tea and coffee facilities and a goos size TV, there is a shortage of plug sockets in the room. The bathroom was a good size with bath and over the bath shower, and they have soap dispensers. On the bed was a little welcome card with a free drink voucher in which was a really nice touch, they also left 3 small sweets on the bed, which none of the other hotels did. As I am a smoker it was really good to be able to open my bedroom door and have a smoke just outside, instead of having to walk down several flights of stairs in the other hotels. Overall I had a very pleasant stay and will be using this hotel each time I come down to our office and I would also recommend this to other business people I know who are looking for affordable and comfortable accommodation

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage I would ask for ground floor as there did not seem to have a lift
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Booked a two night stay at beginning of April this year. Had to leave after one awful night. The dingy room was freezing cold, even with an extra blanket on the bed and the tiny wall heater on all night. Other rooms seemed to be occupied by people working on the nearby road repairs. A lot of noise in the evening and arguements taking place at 4.30 in the morning. The noise from the busy A127 that runs past the back on the hotel meant sleep was impossible during busy times. Altogether a horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank horticulture98

Travellers are raving about these Basildon hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

we booked this hotel this weekend to stay at because we were at a family party in the area. It cost us £51 for a twin room, and on arriving int to the car park(eventually after sat nav couldnt find it) we felt as if we had arrived in one of those movies where the fugitive has either gone on the run and finds a motel to saty out or has just come out of prison and cant find anything else he can afford. It is a typical 2 storey wooden built Motel, a bit like Butlins chalets were 40 years ago.
it is run down, and could do with a complete overhaul or pulling down, whichever worked out the cheapest i suppose. I was glad I bought flat shoes with me, because I certainly would not have walked around barefoot on those carpets. I was terrified to pull back the bedclothes for what I might find, but I have to say the bedding was spotless. The bathroom was old, tired but the bath towel (1) was clean too. The curtains didnt fit across the window, the bathroom door didnt shut and we were in room 52 which is literally next to the A127, so not a lot of sleep. But the beds were so soft you felt as if you were going to bounce right out of them but not in a good way, they too were old, and well past their sell by date, the springs could easily be felt, and my husbands actually went for a walk across the room when he got in it, think it slipped on the oily carpet. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast although (8.25 extra ) was very well cooked and was piping hot with again very pleasant service. would I book here again, no I would not, but then maybe I am a bit of a snob, I dont think it was worth 51 pound.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tinajb22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel
The Chichester Hotel
The Chichester Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wickford

Been to Campanile Hotel Basildon East London? Share your experiences!