“Average.”

Campanile Hotel Basildon East London
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Was ok, I know that the rooms can be minging, ive stayed here a couple of times, but I was fortunate to get a clean one. Was pretty quiet, I don't really have any complains. It is over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had 2 rooms for a one night stay . 22nd June 2013 . No bath mats both rooms , one room smelt every bad of cigerett smoke ( not good if you have chest problems ).
Path ways are dangerous and we noticed that the boom gate was left open ..... so that anyone could get in . breakfast was OK but the chief cooking was not wearing apron and her hair was uncovered. Lots of noise from room next door ( lack of sleep is not good when you have drive the next morning)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marsat2
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

I needed an overnight stopover for a last minute business trip and booked through late rooms without checking Tripadvisor first. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was staying. I should have got back in my car and found something, ANYTHING, instead.

£65 they took from me, well, my company, to stay there. I feel mugged. Robbed. The place is shocking value for that price. I'm assuming the various blokes in various work vans in the car park were getting a better rate but even then why stay there? Dingy room with shabby fixings although the beer bottle opener on the headboard was a nice touch.

All credit to the harrassed looking lady on reception. She was friendly and when I phoned from my room to ask for a towel (the only one in the room was a stained crusty one in the bottom of the wardrobe) she came over with another. But £65?? If you must stay here (I mean its 9pm at night and everywhere else is full) then don't pay any more than £30. If they want more then sleep in your car. I mean it.

Oh and a special mention to the guy clearing his throat very loudly at 4.30am - cheers for that, really topped off my experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We knew this would be basic, hence the price £69 for 2 adults and a child with breakfast so we were not expecting much. We were visiting family so just wanted somewhere to sleep as all houses were full due to large family party. BUT what we were not expected was the lack of customer service and I mean none, none and all, you literally had to help yourself if you wanted anything, no towels, no cutlery, half your breakfast missing not even anyone to check you out. No where to move in your room, grubby, bed that sank in the middle, musty, outdated. Just about the worst place I have stayed in my life.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 27 May 2013

stayed at the campanile on route to a wedding we arrived late after 10-30pm. I was pleasantly surprised with the room it was very clean, with extra pillows (as I like 3 pillows for myself) the bed was really comfortable. I liked the mini hall effect in the room which meant you didn't open the door straight into the room as the hotel is a chalet type & we were on the ground floor I felt safe & secure. Yes there was a bit of noise from people coming back from a night out but you get that at any hotel & it subsided quickly. We were close to the main road A127 but did not hear the traffic. There was good tea & coffee making facilities, the shower was hot and the tv was good. It also has free WiFi. Good parking. All in all a very good experience.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room if you don't want the noise of people walking to their rooms late at nig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I am a frequent business traveller although I haven't been to Basildon before. Decided to be a bit different and book a week at the Campanile, read the reviews on here and became a bit worried.

Firstly the positives - the staff are very good and do deserve some thanks. I received a heartfelt apology for the noise (which the staff did try and stop) and I found everyone to be friendly, welcoming and - although not totally professional - they made me feel welcome and at home.

The rooms are relatively basic and a bit tired but I found my room to be clean and it had everything I needed and the bed was surprisingly comfortable - I don't normally sleep well when away from home.

Unfortunately this hotel is not always used by people who really need a decent nights sleep for work the next day - I had one night of loud and drunken chatter and shouting until around about 2:30am. The night porter did try to shut them up but it was a bit of a lost cause.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was the first time i have stayed at a hotel with my dog and i was a little nervous about possible rules etc but i was pleasantly surprised because for £5 per night my dog was able to stay with us in a comfortable, motel style room (direct access to the grounds and secure car park). I was happy that the room was clean, basic and away from the reception area. It didn't feel at all restrictive as i had imagined. Day and night staff were helpful and friendly, the continental breakfast was plentiful and i would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helen381
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Travelodge Basildon
Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon
Travelodge Thurrock Lakeside
Travelodge Thurrock Lakeside
#2 of 2 in Grays Thurrock

Been to Campanile Hotel Basildon East London? Share your experiences!