“Good hotel”

Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Lovely clean and quiet hotel. Room spotless, nice location. Attached to a Beefeater so handy for dinner plans. We also booked breakfast and our son ate free. My husband didn't travel in the end and the hotel kindly refunded the cost of his pre booked breakfast. Service at breakfast wasn't the best on Sunday 14th July. Staff all bickering between themselves quite vocally and I had the wrong breakfast given to me twice. Bacon tasted charcoaled more suited to a topping on a burger and sausages weren't really what I would call breakfast sausages, more the type you would get with a mixed grill

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Please accept my apologies for the lack of service extended to you during breakfast experience. I will forward your feedback on to the restaurant manager but if you could email me on pitl.basildoneastmayne@whitbread.com with your reservation details, so I can arrange a refund for your breakfast.

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I use Whitbread - Premier Inns a lot. The staff here are some of the most friendly and cohesive bunch I've ever witnessed working together. The breakfast crew especially.

Well done - keep it up - pass it on

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am please to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff here friendly.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After almost a year I returned to this Premier Inn on 29th June to find a lady on reception welcoming me and claiming to remember me, whether she did or not, it was a nice touch making one feel special. Even though I was not booked in there was no problem and was quickly given a room.
The room was immaculate and everything as you would expect or want.
Excellent black out curtains, didn't even realize the sun was up and a super comfortable bed.
Breakfast... was welcomed at the door, had the full package and the waiter took the order in a very professional and pleasant manner making you feel very comfortable. "All you can eat" menu ensured you would not be leaving hungry.
Half way through breakfast the manager asked if everything was ok, another nice touch.
In conclusion, this hotel has upped the ante and delivered a top service at a reasonable price.
This hotel will see me again :)
Niggles; None of importance (Thin walls)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and found the rooms immaculate and beds comfy.

I will pass on the lovely feedback about your breakfast service to the restaurant, who will be very happy to hear they helped make your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to East Mayne Premier Inn.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Staff were very helpful and friendly you couldn't ask for anymore information to be given. We found the room to be very clean and comfortable an staying with 2 children was very easy, the breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed for a family wedding, checked in fine , nice spacious family room , staff friendly and bed comfortable!, went in for breakfast at 10:30 and stood at the plinth for 5 minutes being ignored, finally somebody seated us and told us the buffet was "over there" and that they would come and take our breakfast order shortly, went to the buffet, tea, coffee and water all empty. 1 yogurt left and hard stale bread. had a juice and some cereal after waiting 20 mins my girlfriend went to find the waitress who said she was coming back, she took our breakfast order eventually. a further 20 mins and we got our breakfast which was awful! deep fried sausages and mushrooms which i have never had in a premier inn before ! a sponge dipped in oil basically, and bacon done on a char grill, also cold beans? after we finished we sat for another 10 mins being ignored ! we walked over to the plinth to pay, got looked at and got ignored so left !

Room Tip: i would advise against using the restaurant! deep fried rubbish ! and bacon done on a char grill...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I appreciate that others are raving about this hotel, and there isn't anything wrong with it, but like most Premier Inn's it is very ordinary.
The service at check in was good, and I was given a big old fashioned key to my room.
The room itself was miniscule, there was almost no space between the bed and the walls. To sit at the desk, my chair was right up against the bed. Other than this, the room was clean and tidy.
The shower had good water pressure, which is always a plus.

The attached restaurant was very reasonably priced, and the service was fast, if a little clinical and robotic.

In the morning the member of staff was very helpful at reception, it was raining and he offered to walk me to my car with an umbrella, which I was very impressed with. This member of staff's good service was really the only memorable thing about this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

On visiting our daughters prospective in-laws we chose the Premier Inn East Mayne for our stay. The hotel is located just off the main route to Southend, handy for many of the attractions in the area.
The staff are welcoming and friendly and the hotel itself is well maintained and clean.

The rooms are comfortable and well appointed in line with other hotels of similar standard.

We also enjoyed the Beefeater located next door for a delicious breakfast that gave excellent value for money.

We are due to return to the area this summer and will without doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
Travelodge Basildon Wickford Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel? Share your experiences!