Travelodge Basildon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Bell Inn Hotel(Horndon-on-the-Hill)
View Hotel
All reviewstravel lodgeroom was cleanfood outletsfestival leisure parkplenty of free parkingretail parka lovely staygood nights sleepstayed one nightcan't faultovernight staywhat it says on the tintea and coffeecinemanickybowlinglaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Having read previous reviews on this site we were quite nervous of staying as we come from a quiet village and would normally stay at the Basildon Wickford location. However, we were very pleasantly surprised by the quietness, civility of the staff, the cleanliness and comfort of this establishment. With one of our party being disabled and wheelchair bound I would just like to offer the following suggestions although these aspects did not spoil our stay. In all corridors there is a raised strip across the doors which makes it awkward for wheelchairs and indeed possibly for luggage cases with wheels. We think it would be better if these were flush with the floor. Also, the bathroom facilities in the accessible rooms are not suitable for wheelchair bound people. The more obvious solution would be to have wet rooms in all disabled accommodation that way whether you needed to be in a bath chair or had difficulty walking you could still access them. For instance a wet room with handrails and a fold up wall mounted seat would accommodate all types of disabled people and their equipment. As I say, this did not detract from a great stay but it is certainly something that should be considered.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It has been updated and re furbished. No complaints for the price it was Christmas, the noise outside was not too bad either. Stayed in the summer and it was horrendous noise outside as Essex girls puked up, wonderful!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Not a bad nights sleep, at least the 'racket stopped around 2.00 am, likely because it was a Thursday evening. Still represents silly value for money but just pay a little more and use the Holiday Inn and/or Quays. Rooms clean, stairs safe and the ahll carpets are new giving a much more pleasant ambient aroma to the public areas and stairs. Keep it up but I doubt you'l change the image of BAS Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was good clean, functional and bright. There was no verfication at reception as to who we where other than asking for our booking surname, then at 10:30 a member of staff let herself in the room and asked for our booking name. Then at 1:30 am a customer, I guess given the same electronic key and let himself into the room!! Spent the rest of the night thinking that every little noise was going to be someone letting themselfs in the room. What if that had been when we where out? They could have taken any thing at will and there would have been no way of proving it! Travel Lodge I await your reply....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

It's my hen weekend , my lovely friends booked me a great day out in Essex , I know this hotel is cheap but what has happened to us here amazed/discusted me!
I'm 32 and everyone in my group is late 20s early 30s , all girls (hen party) and 16 off us altogether , we booked our room at least 4-5 months ago , so no probs with a group of girls? ( there is a night club and bars opposite hotel ) and you would think they get groups staying quite often ?
They put our rooms all next to each which was great ,we came back from shopping at 4.30 and left again to go out at 6pm , no problem , we had a lovely night but by half one our feet were hurting and we decided to come home, 8 of us got first mini bus and the next 8 waited for another , I got in first one , we were all tired happy but not drunk and took our shoes off and were happy to reach hotel , when we got there we got extra tea and coffee , and I told the 'bouncer' aaron there were 8 more of us still coming home and to make sure they got in ok (key card) he asked me how many rooms we had booked so I told him ,we went up to our rooms , I came to mine to make a cup of tea and then went to our friends down the corridor to drink it , when I was knocking for them the women from reception 'superviser' Megan and Aaron were coming down our corridor I said is everything ok and she said yes but it's 2 in a room policy and not to be long ( , then my other friend knocked at door ( from across corridor ) to put her phone on charge (she had shorts and vest on by this time) she said when she came in 'why are they standing out side ?' I didn't know , then one of the other girls rang me and said ' why are they stood outside our rooms ' I decided to ask again , with cup of tea in had I asked if everything was ok?? She said we had been quite loud and making lots of noise ( we really hadn't) and I should go back to my room next door soon, I was quite offended(I am not /was not a drunk teenager ) when I closed the door I said to my friends I'm going to complain about this , it isn't fair( to be spoke to how we were) ,there was a little tap on the door ,she (Megan) said 'I heard what u just said ( must of had ears pressed up against door) we want you to go back to your room , so I got my still full cup of tea and went back , I asked for there names as I said I wasn't happy how we'd been treated and wanted to complain, she was quite condescending in how she spoke to me , I went straight in my room and let go of the door. ( which closed loudly ) I didn't slam it I just let go and they are heavy doors , next I got a tap at my door and she said because of that they were evicting all of us in next 10 mins , at this point the other girls got back in there mini bus and said 'what's going on?' I thought it must be a joke 1.30/2 in morning and wanting to throw us all out ? Long story short .. They said they were calling police ,i rang my husband to be (who is a police officer )and the local police staion to see where we stood and what grounds we had to stay , its really a civil matter and not for them to get involved . Tracey my best friend and organiser went down to speak to them about situation one to one so there was no arguments , they still were saying they were evicting us and Police were called (waste of police time) it was agreed if we kept our heads down( which we were anyway ) after 2 hrs we were allowed to stay , we would of all been asleep in that time if they hasn't acted how they did . The thing is I'm laid here now on the Sunday morning fuming how we've been treated and how we were made to look , as I say we aren't loud rowdy teenagers we'd had a brilliant day and just wanted to relax , it's discrimination I feel and will be making a big formal complaint !!! Brilliant day , awful awful horrible hotel !!! Never ever ever stay here!! I've not left yet and I'm complaining on here already !! AWFUL

• Stayed: August 2013