“Great service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went to Grand Central in Basildon with friends on Sunday 27 July there were 6 of us we hadn't booked and was quite surprised when we were given a table straight away. The waitress that showed us to our table asked if we wanted drinks and told us about the refillable soft drinks I love this idea. When we were ready to order she was there, now as I'm on a diet I was going to skip the starters as the all sounded calorific so I asked if the chef could just grill me some shrimp on skewers and wow he did and lovely they were to. We ordered our mains and I went for the chicken skewers Cajun rice and sour cream thought this would be the lower calorie option. It would be a great help if the dishes were calorie counted on the menu but seeing the size of the portions it's a slimmers nightmare. Our drinks were replenished regularly and the waitress asked if we were happy with our meals and we were. A nice touch is that they will put what you have left in a takeaway box and we did this with the ribs. Now deserts they all sounded so lovely and again so calorific no fresh fruit salad what would have been a low calorie choice so I opted for a strawberry daiquiri cocktail . So all in all we had a great time good service and a great experience would go back

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Came to grand central for a meal out. Manager Sophie was very polite and helpful. Very hardworking and the food was good.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant meal here tonight, food was great staff we're very friendly and the service was great . Will definitely be returning

1  Thank Harry E
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went to Grand Central for a birthday meal with my wife and father in law & family. Food was very good but service was very poor. Had to wait ages and ages for food to come out and even then the order wasn't right. We were not asked if we wanted any drinks whilst we were waiting and nobody checked to see if everything was OK. Our waitress seemed to spend most of the evening chatting with friends in a corner.

Food was tasty however the service spoiled the evening. We even had to wait 20 minutes just to pay our bill.

Not going back despite the tasty food as food elsewhere is just as good but with better hospitality.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My friend and I visited Grand Central to celebrate my birthday. What a great atmosphere made all the better by the friendly staff - thanks Maria for being so friendly. Great service and the food, albeit on a very large scale, was amazing. Would definitely return with the family.