“great place to lay your head”

Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Brighton, United Kingdom
“great place to lay your head”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Having stayed in quite a lot of these type of places, Premier Inn are by far the best for the money, especially if you book early and get a flex price. This one in Rayleigh has a friendly reception and typically clean and comfortable rooms. There is no reason in my book why you would not get a good nights sleep here.

The bar/restaurant is just a 30 second walk away and is your typical Harvester type restaurant, so nothing special, but perfectly ok. Though breakfast is served in the main building (breakfast here really is great), and no having to trek outside in the morning either.

Only fault I have is with the shower, it could really do with either a longer curtain or more preferably a shower door. But the shower does have great pressure and is clean - so, other than that it provides all you need.

Would I go back - well, when visiting down this way, it's the only place I re-visit and recommend, so yes :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Frances_Dunn, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Jellyrolls
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I have passed your kind comments to the team and they are very happy you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your comments about the shower curtain, thank you for bring this to my attention. I will be looking into this. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We arrived at about 10pm and found a parking space easily. Check-in was quick and friendly. The room (overlooking the car park) was clean and the bed very comfortable.

A good choice for those wanting predictable comfort and friendy service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ruth+Andy
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms clean and that the bed was comfortable. I have passed your kind comments to the team and they are very happy you enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Clean and welcoming. Rooms get cold at night after the timer goes off. Car park gets full at night due to the Harvester next door.Get a room overlooking the car park, noisy dual-carriageway on the other side

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Graham M
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms clean and team welcoming. At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on customer service. Should you require any additional items to make your stay exceptional such as heaters during future visits to Premier Inn, please contact the reception team who will be very happy to assist in any way possible. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Riberac, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean & tidy felt at ease
Near where I want to visit easy to get to m 25 also I like to be able to go to Southend On Sea to visit my friends in the Sumer nice to walk along the sea front now that it has all been updated

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sam S
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms clean and tidy and that you felt at ease while staying with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon so you can enjoy more walks along the sea front in Southend.
Northwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I probably visit about once a year as we have a family dinner in the Harvester next door. I first couldn't get booked at 2 weeks notice but I think they release vacant rooms on a weekly basis so always worth either ringing up or waiting until the Monday. The online booking process is simple, the staff are very friendly and helpful without being over the top. I wasn't sure about breakfast but was told I could purchase one in the morning, I also ordered a newspaper.

My room (family room but just for me!) was comfortable, although close to the Southend arterial road and looking out onto a car park there was no outside noise due to the glazing and the blackout curtains did their job very well. Comfortable bed (although a little too firm for me) with two types of pillow, tea & coffee television and refreshments tray, simple to operate temperature control, good shower. If I was sharing with another two adults or children (a double and single bed), it might have been a bit too cosy for me, I do like my space, but I was happy to pay the £73 for just myself.

I collected my newspaper the next morning and did have the breakfast, a choice of hot or cold - I chose the eat as much as you like £8.25, lots of cereals, different types of milk, juice, tea & coffee, crumpets, croissants - had the full English too which was very good - certainly set me up for the journey home.

I may be back for a family dinner in the Spring and the proximity to Southend (without being on top of everything), means I may stay a few nights next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Frances_Dunn, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Rhondajune
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your resent stay with us. It was brilliant to hear that you found your room comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I have also passed your kind comments on to the team and they too are extremely happy you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the spring.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Booked a family room for myself and my Son. Staff all very polite and friendly and room comfortable if a little out of date.
Before we arrived I was a little concerned about the proximity to the busy A127 but even though our room faced out on to the road the noise was minimal. You would have to be pretty sensitive to let it bother you but I expect if you requested a room on the other side it would be even quieter.
Cooked and cold breakfasts (served in hotel rather than the connected Harvester next door as they sometimes are) were good with everything you would expect available to choose from.

Room Tip: Roadside rooms not exactly noisy, but would be even quieter on side away from road. I noticed when...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank James A
Frances_Dunn, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear James A
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you and your son found your room comfortable and that you appear pleasantly surprised by how quiet our rooms are given our location. I am also pleased that you both enjoyed your breakfast served at the hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I arrived having accidentally booked a day too early as the website changed the price during my booking but reset the date. I told the receptionist about the price change before she informed me my booking was a 'no show'. However, she realised quickly that although my mistake, it had been accidental and so offered to speak to her manager about a refund. Her manager discussed the situation on the phone, as she was not on duty and agreed the refund.

I had a great nights sleep and the room was very good and clean. As always, I 'grabbed and went' for breakfast having my usual double helping of croissant and coffee! Keep up the good work Premier Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Chris B
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. I am extremely happy that our team were able to assist you and that you had a great night’s sleep with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill
The Oysterfleet Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel? Share your experiences!