“I'm Loving It”

Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a number of Premier Inn's in the locallity I'm throughly enjoying my stays at this location by far.

Getting a courtesy phone call on the arrival day to check all is well and upon arrival being greeted by name is certainly good.

I always stay at the rear of the establishment, but I would expect it may be slightly noisier if on the road side.

There is a vending machine available, along with a free ice machine in the reception area.

Rooms are a little tired but perfectly accetable, aesthetically wise.

Showers only, in the bathroom which I love and always hot water when you need it.

Sometimes there are difficulties when trying to find a parking space as the Harvester Public House which is attached to the Inn is very popular, hence the parking issues.

Tea and coffee making facilities with a fast kettle is also provided for a change as opposed to little ones that take ages to boil.

Beds are fab and no issues.

I have only had one issue a couple of weeks ago, with a young couple next door who had a ghetto blaster playing at 1am. A knock on the door and a request to turn down resolved the issue with no problem.

TV's could be better and im sure this will be addressed, but overall very happy and feel comfortable at this location.

MacDonalds, Sainsburys and a big retail park are nearby. Anything you may have forgot, and I'm sure you will be able to source it locally.

Staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them to make your stay comfortable.

My usual gripe however, make the Wi-Fi free. Give your customers access to technology like your inns do. Its 2014 and home comforts should be given as a matter of course.

Well done Premier Inn Rayleigh, 9/10 from me. ☺

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great beds, nice place, but a very noisy road outside. Ask for a car park side room on booking and you'll get better sleep.
The hotel signage isn't great, aim for the pub on the roundabout and take the slip road 'back onto' the main road. The car park is accessed from the 'unmarked' entrance half way down the slip road.

1  Thank MikesStillTravelling
Frances_Dunn, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear MikesStillTracelling
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our beds comfortable. I have passed feedback regarding signage to our property team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a great value for money hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are exceptionally clean and have all the necessary facilities, tea, coffee etc. Although located next to a busy road, we could not hear any noise. Bed is really comfortable and the room temperature can be changed very easily, if needed. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Mary O M
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms and beds clean, comfortable and well equipped. I have passed your kind comments to the team and they are very happy you enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had to book somewhere to stay in the area at the last minute. Central reservations were very helpful and I booked online for one night.
Plenty of parking and very friendly staff, Sammy was just delightful.
Nice clean and tidy room and everything worked well.
Very comfortable bed and spotless linen. We had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the rear car park, the room was double glazed and secondary glazed, so lovely and quiet, we had a really peaceful nights sleep. Did not have time for breakfast and we ate out at a friends house, so cannot comment on dining.
Will certainly use this establishment again if we are in the location.

Room Tip: Top floor in rear situated rooms seems the best bet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rhizostoma
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed a peaceful nights sleep. I have passed your kind comments to Sammy who is delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fantastic hotel, staff are great and nothing is too much trouble. Have stayed here on 3 occasions in the last 12 months and will definitely be back again! Breakfast is worth every penny. The beds live up their promise - best nights sleep ever in a hotel! :-)

Dear Michele B
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your resent stay with us. It was brilliant to hear that once again you found your room comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I have also passed your kind comments to the team and they too are extremely happy you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. Although the rooms are small, they are very comfortable. With new updated mattresses and lovely linen.
It even has it's own restaurant. Serves great breakfasts. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tizours
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you found our beds comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here several times, staff are fabulous, serve an excellent breakfast, but I was horrified to pay about £25.00 more than the last visit. The TV is old and tired and reluctant to change channels (I had an issue finding the radio channels and the staff member who helped was fabulous) but when I am paying more than I paid in a four star hotel with frills, for basic amenities I think Premier is taking the proverbial, the hotel was full so they obviously know they get the custom. But the whole idea is they are allegedly budget hotels, and this stay was expensive, even though I had booked well in advance. For the price I paid I would expect soaps, proper shampoo, biscuits, hot chocolate, shower caps, not a basic premier inn with a TV that was difficult to operate. Come on Premier if you are upping the price so much then up the quality?

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the car park side, the A127 side can be very noisy due to the amount of traffic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WTOtraveller

Dear WTOtraveller
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. It was great to hear you came back to stay with us again and that you found our team service up to its usual high standard. With reference to your feedback regarding pricing, I have passed your comments on to our head office. As always we aim to offer fantastic service and value so would always suggest keeping an eye out for our great Premier Offers and Saver Rates available online. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
#5 of 7 in Basildon
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island
Holiday Inn Southend
Holiday Inn Southend
#6 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel? Share your experiences!