Having stayed at a number of Premier Inn's in the locallity I'm throughly enjoying my stays at this location by far.
Getting a courtesy phone call on the arrival day to check all is well and upon arrival being greeted by name is certainly good.
I always stay at the rear of the establishment, but I would expect it may be slightly noisier if on the road side.
There is a vending machine available, along with a free ice machine in the reception area.
Rooms are a little tired but perfectly accetable, aesthetically wise.
Showers only, in the bathroom which I love and always hot water when you need it.
Sometimes there are difficulties when trying to find a parking space as the Harvester Public House which is attached to the Inn is very popular, hence the parking issues.
Tea and coffee making facilities with a fast kettle is also provided for a change as opposed to little ones that take ages to boil.
Beds are fab and no issues.
I have only had one issue a couple of weeks ago, with a young couple next door who had a ghetto blaster playing at 1am. A knock on the door and a request to turn down resolved the issue with no problem.
TV's could be better and im sure this will be addressed, but overall very happy and feel comfortable at this location.
MacDonalds, Sainsburys and a big retail park are nearby. Anything you may have forgot, and I'm sure you will be able to source it locally.
Staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them to make your stay comfortable.
My usual gripe however, make the Wi-Fi free. Give your customers access to technology like your inns do. Its 2014 and home comforts should be given as a matter of course.
Well done Premier Inn Rayleigh, 9/10 from me. ☺
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City sights or seaside charm? Get the best of both with Premier Inn Hotel Basildon Rayleigh, right between buzzing Basildon and Southend-on-Sea. And if you're here to work, we're close to key business destinations like the Lawn conference centre, too. Escape the office and stroll along Southend seafront. Get sporty - play a round at Hanover golf club or go for gold at Basildon Sporting Village. Catch a show, a film or a game of laser tag at Rayleigh Megazone. After a busy day, unwind in our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds. Directions: From the M25 exit at Junction 29 onto the A127 towards Southend. After approximately 13 Miles exit at the Rayleigh Weir junction from the A129 to Rayleigh. Go straight over two sets of traffic lights and take the first left turn. For Tom-Tom Sat Nav appliances please enter post code SS6 7XJ. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: SS6 7XJ Hotel Parking: Free on-site parking is available at this hotel. Transport and local information: Thamesway Bus Service 3 Miles Basildon Train Station 9.1 Miles, Pitsea Train Station 5.6 Miles, Wickford Train Station 5.6 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel Basildon
- Holiday Inn Basildon
- Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel Essex