“Lunch buffet box to take away...”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Ranked #10 of 158 Restaurants in Basildon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Having found myself with a bit a craving for a selection of Chinese dishes for lunch, I opted to go to Aroma as my usual place is closed for refurbishment. Going solo isn't always a great experience so I was pleasantly surprised to see a sign in the Window for a lunch box to take away. This is not advertised on the website. I got a box for £4.90 which is your standard 650ml clear container and headed to the buffet. All the food was fresh and well stocked and the place looked busy and clean. As it was just a box to take out I opted to skip anything with bones as it takes up valuable space ;)

The salt and pepper wings looked good as did the BBQ ribs but I opted to put chow mein and Singapore noodles on the bottom with a selection of beef and chicken topped off with sauce and crispy seaweed. This wasn't the best food but value for money it was, served my needs, and beats an egg mayo sandwich any day. Food was still hot when I got home.

Will certainly be back.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean food was very nice. Loved the afters. Only thing had to do wait a while to be seated.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Been here twice, the food is amazing and can't get enough of it! The only thing I would say is the plates aren't big enough and the seating leaves something to be desired, especially at the back of the restaurant. Absolutely love the food though!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My first time visiting Aroma this evening and it was great. I am a fussy eater so prefer buffets as it's easier for me to pick what I want, and there was a great selection.

- good selection of food
- all super hot and changed constantly so very fresh
- great value even on a Saturday night
- staff extremely attentive, plates cleaned constantly and drinks arrived within 1 minute
- even in a very busy period staff are great, and food was of an excellent level both freshness and taste

Nothing negative to say, would 100% go again and regret not visiting sooner!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Good selection of food for evening buffet. Choices of salmon, mussels, prawns, squid, chicken and beef. Teppanyaki was good. Not a lover of their small dessert cakes as taste very artificial but they have good choice of fruit, hot desserts such as Apple crumble and custard or chocolate fountain with mixed sweets.