“Tasty food, good portion size”

Ho Ho Chinese Take Away
Ranked #1 of 32 Quick Bites in Basildon
Description: Revamped Ho Ho Chinese takeaway under new management since October 2014. Online orders available.no minimum order, card payments accepted. Delivery service available ,
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I ordered a takeaway from Ho Ho using the American Express shop small scheme. The special curry and egg fried rice were very good, and the salt and chilli ribs were excellent. The King Prawn and Mushroom had really good flavour and large king prawns.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The food is always great here, I always go for the squid in chilli and salt which is delicious which I was recommended to try by the very friendly girl at the counter. Tonight she recommended the prawns on toast which I got to try as a taster, I'll definitely order this next time I am there it was much better than I expected it to be..If the girl at the till recommends you to try something she says it honestly because the food is genuinely delicious! It's definitely the best Chinese takeaway I have tried both in customer service and food alike and thanks again for the free prawn crackrs :)

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Best chinese in Essex, we have had 3 meals delivered so far, the food is excellent, starters of chicken satay, which is beautiful, chilli & salt ribs are gorgeous, and Kung po ribs lovely, the house special curry is packed with meat and prawns, chicken with Honey & Lemon is the best we have ever had, I forgot to ask the lady on the phone to put the honey & lemon sauce separate from the chicken, as it does tend to make it soft so I rang 15 mins after placing my order, she did say they had already done it but she would do me a fresh one (thats service) house special chow mein is very tasty, I forgot to mention the crab & sweetcorn soup, this was delicious too, the portions are huge, prices are good value for money, the food is delivered very quickly and still piping hot, we were given a huge bag of prawn crackers and some sesame prawn toast, never had the prawn toast like this before on crusty bread and packed with prawns! Highly recommend this takeaway, such lovely helpful staff on the phone too! Thankyou Ho Ho

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I saw it was top of the tree in Basildon, which surprised me as Hiltons is so very good.
It would appear to be under new management and they are young people clearly passionate about their craft.
Whilst we were waiting for our food we were given a prawn toast to try. It's usually an oil sponge thin hard slice of toast with minimal prawn. This was a small piece of baguette little residue of oil and a thick tasty coating of prawn astonishingly you could actually make out the prawn meat.
We ordered a series of mains to try, they asked if we were first timers and as we were they gave us an extra dish to try too.
The dishes were well cooked and well presented. The Kung po squid was a tiny bit too thick a sauce for me but the batter was interesting and still had texture.
Smokey chicken dish had a lovely flavour, the duck mini pancake rolls were good as was the pal choi.
Overall a nice meal, I would dispute the best Chinese in Rssex, but for a take away good and enjoyable food.

I now move on to the accusation of free food for reviews, they did indeed give a free dish but it was offered without strings. As I was preparing to leave they did ask where I learned of them, as I live 6 miles away, when they asked if it was from here I said yes, they asked for me to review the food, a not unreasonable request for a new business.

They seem genuinely nice people trying to run a business honestly and thoughtfully. The take away was spotlessly clean and kudos to them for their enthusiasm, a joy to see people who seem to care.
Worth a visit

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We tried this take away out on Saturday evening for the first time. Couldn't get through on the number on this TA page but finally found an alternative that worked. Decided to pick up (only 15 min wait) as delivery was 1hr 15. My food was ready for when I got there and the price was so good! Way cheaper than where we use to live - I thought they may have forgotten something because of how reasonable it was, but everything was there. Really good quality, large portions and so tasty! This will definitely be our regular!