“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
St Austell
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I would thoroughly recommend anyone visiting Basildon to stay at the Premier Inn situated at the Festival Leisure Park. It ihad the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in away from home. I was also very impressed by the cleanliness off the room and also the décor. Every member of staff that we came into contact with was very polite and helpful,nothing was to much trouble. The noise level at night was very low both inside and from outside of the hotel. Ten out of ten from me.

1 Thank Margaret C
KATRINA A, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team and myself we would all like to thank you for such a lovely review. Your feedback has been communicated to our housekeeping and reception teams who were all very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our bedrooms to be very clean and all the staff polite and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night whilst visiting friends in the area and were very impressed with the quality of the room and the fittings and the staff were friendly and helpful. The big disappointment for me was to come later in the day when I started to prepare for our evening out. I took my electric shaver out of it's case and started to look for the shaver point, after searching high and low I called reception. Even as I type this I still cannot believe that this super modern hotel does NOT have any electric shaver points in the rooms. Prior to the refurbishment it did, I was told, but for reasons best known to the design team they took it upon themselves to exclude them from the new room specification. You can plug a USB cable, HDMI cable, headphones and various auxiliary items into the TV but you can't use an electric shaver! I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world where there hasn't been a shaver point. Reception were very apologetic saying that I wasn't the first to point this out but they recommended an adapter which I have but was at home because I didn't think I'd need it. I intend to contact the hotel head office to see what they have to say and if there's anything to report I'll be posting it on here.
Don't let this put you off as it really is a great place to stay and thanks to double glazing and secondary glazing it's very quiet even though it's by the main A127.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear our staff were very helpful and friendly. Your feedback has been passed on to the team who are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I would like to personally speak with you regarding shaver points in our rooms. Could you please send me an email on operationsmanager.basildonfestivalpark@whitbread.com.

South Ockendon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Friendly staff, great rooms, really clean and decorated to a high standard. One of the best we have been to and we have been to a few. Close to restaurants and places to visit. Just a shame we only stayed for one night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KATRINA A, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We really appreciate you giving us feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were really pleased with the level of service provided and you were very happy with our rooms.

All feedback has been communicated to all team members and they all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sutton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent a long weekend at Premier Inn Basildon Festival Park.
This is our first visit since the hotel has been refurbished.
It was an ok hotel before, but it's now very good and I would recommend to others; would like to especially commend Abbey on reception for excellent service.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of myself and the team we would all like to thank you for such a lovely review, in particular Abbey who really appreciates your feedback.

We are all pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
County Antrim
Reviewed 4 March 2014

myself and my wife spent a couple of nights here recently whilst visiting family and i have to say the quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff were fantastic, we would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be returning in the future..well done Premier Inn..

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant 5 star review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff were fantastic. All feedback has been communicated to the team who are very happy to hear they helped make your stay more enjoyable.

Myself and the team appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Lyon, France
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel has been renovated recently.
The bed are very good, the location is convenient and the staff is friendly.
Close to festival park, it is very quiet.
The parking is very convenient.
The breakfast is tasty

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

We appreciate all your feedback.
I am pleased to hear your slept well and found all our staff to be friendly. I have passed on your feedback to the team who appreciate all feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 24 February 2014

come here for a very good nights sleep and very friendly staff who treat you as people and not a number, the rooms have all been updated and are very posh , the hotel now has a new building for extra rooms which is a good thing as this is the best hotel on festival park.

Bonus the quays pub is right next door and has an amazing menu .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
KWAME_JOHNSON, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Paulo284,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate you giving us feedback. I am really pleased that the staff went over and above to ensure that you had a comfortable stay and they exceeded your expectations. We are also glad that the facilities provided exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your meal next door in the pub.

Your comments have communicated to the team with recognition and to them, it was a pleasure and they cannot wait to welcome you back.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your recent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
The Bell Inn Hotel
The Bell Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel? Share your experiences!