“try other inn”

Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed 28 March 2014

booked twin room but were given room with large very comfy bed and a 3 foot lumpy put up[?possible settee.Room otherwise very nice and could not fault staff.Do not take to much notice of reviews for adjoining pub as staff[namely jereome in bar] not friendly or helpfull serving beer with 1"- froth also difficult to find seating with resturant busy and half of premises chained off for a private party in the evening which when we returned later took over the pub with kare-oki so you could not avoid.spoilt or visit and will NOT return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 March 2014

So friendly! Really comfortable! Better than some top hotels I've stayed at a fraction of the price. The location is really good as there are so many places to eat plus a cinema, bowling and even a gym!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Friendly staff, value for money, fabulous clean room. I had an issue where I had booked the room on the wrong date, completely my fault and at last min the festival leisure park staff accommodated this by changing dates without a problem

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
KATRINA A, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Myself and the staff are please to hear you rated us a 5 and our rooms were clean and comfortable for you and our staff friendly.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

after a long journey we stayed at this premier inn.
its very clean and warm and has lots of power points inc wifi available.
bed is very comfy and good sound profing.
staff friendly and helpful.
vending machine in lobby.
large double bed and disabled rooms available , I stayed in one with a wet room shower with rails available.
wheelchair friendly.
nice stay thankyou x

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely 4 star review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and our staff were friendly and helpful and our rooms were clean and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I would thoroughly recommend anyone visiting Basildon to stay at the Premier Inn situated at the Festival Leisure Park. It ihad the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in away from home. I was also very impressed by the cleanliness off the room and also the décor. Every member of staff that we came into contact with was very polite and helpful,nothing was to much trouble. The noise level at night was very low both inside and from outside of the hotel. Ten out of ten from me.

1  Thank Margaret C
KATRINA A, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team and myself we would all like to thank you for such a lovely review. Your feedback has been communicated to our housekeeping and reception teams who were all very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our bedrooms to be very clean and all the staff polite and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night whilst visiting friends in the area and were very impressed with the quality of the room and the fittings and the staff were friendly and helpful. The big disappointment for me was to come later in the day when I started to prepare for our evening out. I took my electric shaver out of it's case and started to look for the shaver point, after searching high and low I called reception. Even as I type this I still cannot believe that this super modern hotel does NOT have any electric shaver points in the rooms. Prior to the refurbishment it did, I was told, but for reasons best known to the design team they took it upon themselves to exclude them from the new room specification. You can plug a USB cable, HDMI cable, headphones and various auxiliary items into the TV but you can't use an electric shaver! I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world where there hasn't been a shaver point. Reception were very apologetic saying that I wasn't the first to point this out but they recommended an adapter which I have but was at home because I didn't think I'd need it. I intend to contact the hotel head office to see what they have to say and if there's anything to report I'll be posting it on here.
Don't let this put you off as it really is a great place to stay and thanks to double glazing and secondary glazing it's very quiet even though it's by the main A127.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear our staff were very helpful and friendly. Your feedback has been passed on to the team who are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I would like to personally speak with you regarding shaver points in our rooms. Could you please send me an email on operationsmanager.basildonfestivalpark@whitbread.com.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Friendly staff, great rooms, really clean and decorated to a high standard. One of the best we have been to and we have been to a few. Close to restaurants and places to visit. Just a shame we only stayed for one night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
KATRINA A, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We really appreciate you giving us feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were really pleased with the level of service provided and you were very happy with our rooms.

All feedback has been communicated to all team members and they all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#3 of 11 in Chelmsford
The Chichester Hotel
The Chichester Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wickford

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (Festival Park) Hotel? Share your experiences!