“This makes for a pleasant stay”

Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Lovely pleasant staff,arrived a little early for check in staff bent over backwards to get a room ready for us what should have been a three & a half hour journey had taken us over five hours,couldn't have been more helpful!Breakfast was made to order, best poached eggs l've ever had in a Premier Inn,soft & hot !!!!Only reason l have given them a very good rating & not excellent is because the passages smelt of smoke,would highly recommend the Premier Inn & would like to say how polite the staff are they were excellent!

Room Tip: We were ground floor at the front a little noise but not awful if you are a light sleeper ask for th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita G
Vicky B, Team Leader at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us at Basildon South Premier Inn.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team looked after you well. We aim to deliver a perfect guest stay. Your feedback will be passed to the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you here at Basildon South Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

combined a visit to the Cliffs Pavilion with a visit to family. Great overnight stay,delightful initial
greeting from Vicky and colleague. Seriously folks the comfort and value for money is amazing.
When I read some of the complaints I wonder where they were staying. The service from Premier
should be an example to others.

Room Tip: upper room if a light sleeper I believe many problems experienced in hotels etc. is due to inconsid...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Vicky B, Team Leader at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear julie m,

Thank you for taking the time to give amazing feedback regarding your stay at Premier Inn Basildon South.

It makes me extremely happy that the team and I exceeded your expectations. We aim to deliver a perfect guest stay. I will pass your feedback to the team.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Comfortable hotel , friendly staff, good location close to A13, slight noise from Slip road . Woken on the first night at 2.00am by noisy footsteps above , lasted on and off for almost an hour.
Second night , same noise started again at 4.00am and lasted till 7.30 .
Reported noise to reception , who stated they have night workers staying there , going out on different shifts . ( Could try removing hobnail boots before entering room ) Refunded second nights accommodation .
Would only stay there again if Ist floor room available . Ground floor to be avoided .

Room Tip: FIrst floor quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Vicky B, Team Leader at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear coursemarshal,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay at Premier Inn Basildon South.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team looked after you well. Your feedback will be passed to the team.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for one night mid week and had a very good experience. The staff were pleasant upon arrival and couldn't be more helpful throughout my stay. There was a pub next door which was a beefeater grill and the food was good. Room was clean and quiet. No complaints and would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ben365,

It is important to us that all our guests have a great nights sleep and an enjoyable stay and I am pleased to hear that you experienced great customer service and comfortable room. I will make sure to pass your feedback to the team.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

we arrived on 22/11/2013 and left for home Monday 25/11/2013. we were met by our favourite receptionist Joy, the reason she is our favourite is obvious, she makes us so welcome.nothing is too much trouble and bends over backwards to make sure we are as comfortable as possible. I had a bad nights sleep the first night because it was a much harder bed than my own...sure enough when I got in bed that night, there was a quilt on the mattress and I slept like a log. Pemier Inn are very fortunate to employ such an ambassador as Joy, and I hope that they appreciate her as much as we do. She is one of the main reasons why we use this hotel.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daniel A,

Thank you for taking the time to give such a fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Premier Inn Basildon South.

We do appreciate your loyalty very much. It makes me very proud to hear that Joy and rest of the team are doing such a great job in making your stay pleasurable. I will pass your feedback to the team.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have returned from here today after staying one night as a family of four. two adults and two young children (3yrs and 5yrs). On arrival we were greeted by really friendly reception staff (one of whom we would have more dealing with later) and a young trainee. We were checked in really quickly and guided to our room which was a family room with double bed and two singles, The room was big although a bit cold. we went for dinner and on our return to our room discovered that we had no electric. The box in the room kept tripping and we informed reception and Joy (appropriate name for a wonderful lady who is a credit to premier inn) who immediately came down with torch and helped us move next door, helping us move all our belongings.
We were due to go a party so once ready went to reception to wait for a taxi that we had booked using the hotels recommendation for a taxi firm. The taxi firm were not very effecient and we had to wait 15mins longer than anticipated. During this time my 5yr old was very sick unfortunately and Joy was amazing!!!!

I would like to apologise for any new customers that arrived during this as the floor was a mess but Joy was brilliant and she made our rather not great weekend a lot easier.

Room Tip: we were in room 7 and 9 both backed onto the A13 but you would never know you are near a major road...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam G

Dear SamG,

We thrive on delivering the best customer service we can. It gives me great pleasure to hear that Joy and rest of our team have made your stay enjoyable. I will make sure to pass your feedback to the team.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Greeting
We arrive at 10:00 p.m. with a prepaid booking and were first asked if we were married. Then we were presented with an unreadable computer printed A4 sheet of paper and instructed to add our car registration and my nationality. There were no pre-printed spaces for this and nothing on the document to show who the information was being provided to or for what purpose it was being requested.
As Premier Inn already had our details from the booking and payment process I deduced that the nationality question was for a marketing campaign that I did not want to participate in.
To avoid an argument with a rather officious receptionist by refusing her command I scribbled Narnia in the space. I was advised that unless I wrote the word British and signed the document I was not getting my key. If I was not British IO would need a passport.
I explained that this information should have been requested before they entered into a contract with me and taking payment but this was ignored.
I asked what the legislation was they believed required this, why other hotels don’t ask, why they warned me 4 times I needed to book for dinner but not once I would need a passport if I was “Johnnie Foreigner” and finally why this was not on the website booking form. They could answer none of these questions at this time.
I pointed out that without a proper explanation this could be interpreted as a racist question. This did not seem to bother them. I tried showing them my driving license, no luck.
Finally I had no option but to acquiesce and write British next to Narnia.

The Room
The window was open with traffic noise from the A13. We closed the window but with no A/C or ceiling fan the room soon became unbearably hot. There was a picture of Lenny Henry asleep with a big smile on his face presumably because he’d made enough from the advertising campaign to stay in a decent hotel. The bed felt hard and uncomfortable. The room was big but lacking in furniture to fill the space. The bathroom was basic and clean but lacking in the grab rails you would expect from a multinational that can afford both risk management and the nine quid they cost in Wickes.

Leaving
We were asked on leaving if we had any problems and said yes. The manager called us later and quoted the Immigration (Hotel records) Order 1972 but never followed this up by E Mail as he promised. He couldn't answer any of the other points.

We contacted Premier Inn HQ who advised us you only need ID if paying by cash or vouchers on arrival and then only photo I.D. not necessarily a passport.
After a number of E mails with the area manager she acknowledged that the legislation does not require us to sign any document and that merely presenting a document demonstrating nationality would meet its requirements but that it is Premier Inn policy to ask guests to certify the information in writing. She also confirmed it was Premier Inn policy not to fit safety grab rails or put guest comments which may warn of noise problems with hotels on their website.
I was told to raise my concerns with their policies with Premier Inn customer service, so I did
I am still waiting for their response.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Essex-Boy53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#6 of 7 in Basildon
Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Thurrock

Been to Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel? Share your experiences!